PDA

View Full Version : Oregon members

dromano
08-20-2001, 01:02 PM
Any Oregon members out there?:confused:

dromano
08-22-2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by dromano
Any Oregon members out there?:confused: Oregon members are you there?

WestCoastSVX
08-28-2001, 10:05 AM
...might be interested in a visit. As you may have seen from my postings I'm from the Seattle area but I love the Oregon coast. I actually checked out the web site for your inn this morning and that looks like it could be a great winter getaway. I'll probably be emailing soon!

Troy

dromano
08-28-2001, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by MacGyver
...might be interested in a visit. As you may have seen from my postings I'm from the Seattle area but I love the Oregon coast. I actually checked out the web site for your inn this morning and that looks like it could be a great winter getaway. I'll probably be emailing soon!

Troy :D :D :DGreat!!! I have a Seattle guest here now that has a 92 like mine with an aftermarket spoiler (higher than stock) and a hitch receiver he made and installed himself for a bike rack. He showed up yesterday on big Honda touring motor cycle. Are you familiar with the route that goes through Raymond and Astoria? If not let me know and I'll give you all the directions. Great roads, no traffic, beats I5 any day.

David
the Innkeeper :)

WestCoastSVX
08-29-2001, 08:55 AM
:D :D :DGreat!!! I have a Seattle guest here now that has a 92 like mine with an aftermarket spoiler (higher than stock) and a hitch receiver he made and installed himself for a bike rack. He showed up yesterday on big Honda touring motor cycle. Are you familiar with the route that goes through Raymond and Astoria? If not let me know and I'll give you all the directions. Great roads, no traffic, beats I5 any day.

David
the Innkeeper :)

David, do you know if guest you had from Seattle is a member here? Despite the fact that I usually see at least 2 or 3 other SVXes around this area per week, there doesn't seem to be much activity in our little corner of the network. And I never see any major modifications, it would be interesting to see his spoiler. And the bike rack idea is interesting too, I've been contemplating a roof rack, but don't know how that would look or work with the sunroof.

cocacola08
08-29-2001, 09:33 AM
There is a pic of one with a roof rack on this japanese site. the rough translation says that they are sold out

http://www.svx.com/option.html

WestCoastSVX
08-29-2001, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by cocacola08
There is a pic of one with a roof rack on this japanese site. the rough translation says that they are sold out

http://www.svx.com/option.html

Yeah I'd seen that picture before, I don't think a sunroof would be able to open with that one on. I'm sure you could get a rack from any of the popular manufacturers out there, they are adjustable for size to fit any car. But I'm really liking the idea of the rear mounted hitch rack, easy to remove when not in use...

cocacola08
08-29-2001, 10:40 AM
put that link in on this page, change the pulldown, to japanese-english, it says that there is one for the sunroof

I'll do some more searching and see if there is anything else out there on it, but I agree with you, the removable rear rack would be better.

dromano
08-29-2001, 01:30 PM

David, do you know if guest you had from Seattle is a member here? Despite the fact that I usually see at least 2 or 3 other SVXes around this area per week, there doesn't seem to be much activity in our little corner of the network. And I never see any major modifications, it would be interesting to see his spoiler. And the bike rack idea is interesting too, I've been contemplating a roof rack, but don't know how that would look or work with the sunroof. Troy, he was not familiar with the site. I'll check with the boss for his phone number & address. Later,
David

WestCoastSVX
08-29-2001, 06:47 PM
David - check my personal locker for close ups of my wheels...

dromano
08-29-2001, 07:35 PM
David - check my personal locker for close ups of my wheels... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Yes sir, I'm gona do it.:)

dromano
09-10-2001, 07:47 PM
:) Hi Troy, did you hook up with Joe? We are having super weather here, no rain, some wind, highs in the 60's. Havn't painted the wheel centers yet, on the list. Just finished timing belt, ATF cooler, U/R pulley, +4 plugs, ATF temp gauge, R&R cracked wheel. Looking forward to your visit.
David

WestCoastSVX
09-13-2001, 09:24 AM
Hey David - Good to hear from you. I've been pretty busy the last couple weeks and now the tragic events of this week to just top it all off.

As for the bike rack, I think I convinced my wife the best place for one is on her car. :) It's good to see you've had some time to get a few modifications done on yours, I really need to look into the tranny protection type stuff myself.

The weather down there sounds great, wish I could slip away for a little end of summer trip, but like I said, busy schedule and we used up a lot of our vacation time and $$$ with the honeymoon a couple months back. :) But I'm definitely looking forward to a romantic winter get away. And of course we'll take a few minutes to check out the cars and talk shop. :D

dromano
09-13-2001, 10:19 AM
Troy, did you notice the new member in Kennewick? Cmoreloc13.

David

Chad
09-13-2001, 08:33 PM
Troy, did you notice the new member in Kennewick? Cmoreloc13.

David

Kennewick?

That's only about an hour and a half from here. Sounds like a meet.....

What about you westerners???

dromano
09-13-2001, 08:45 PM
Our new Kennewick member is a two SVX family!!!!

David

Chris
09-13-2001, 11:27 PM
I just passed through the Tri-cities, Washington area twice. Two weeks ago on my way to Seattle and last week on my way back. Bummer timming:rolleyes:

Chris

cmoreloc13
10-11-2001, 02:41 AM
To all fellow NorthWesters,

My daughter and I both have '92 SVXs. We are indeed in the Tri-Cities. Been on Yahoo for about 18 months and here for about 2 months. Just hadn't looked in this thread before. I did
work at the Umatilla depot for two and a half years. Had the SVX for the last year of that and
put 20K on it fast going from the Tri-Cities to Umatilla and back every day (nearly every day,
anyway). Bought lissners' SVX out of Virginia and had it shipped out here for my daughter.
Only way to get her to stop trying to borrow mine. She paid for it..... not me. We're here, and
a meet sometime in the not too distant future sounds good. I should get some flyers together
to put on the other SVXs I have seen here in the Tri-Cities. I estimate between 9 and 12 not
counting ours. Seems like a lot for the size of the area, but we see them all the time. Anyway,
I'll try and stay in better touch so we can set something up. My e-mail is in the members area
if you want to get in touch.

Chuck

WestCoastSVX
10-11-2001, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by cmoreloc13
To all fellow NorthWesters,

My daughter and I both have '92 SVXs. We are indeed in the Tri-Cities. Been on Yahoo for about 18 months and here for about 2 months. Just hadn't looked in this thread before. I did
work at the Umatilla depot for two and a half years. Had the SVX for the last year of that and
put 20K on it fast going from the Tri-Cities to Umatilla and back every day (nearly every day,
anyway). Bought lissners' SVX out of Virginia and had it shipped out here for my daughter.
Only way to get her to stop trying to borrow mine. She paid for it..... not me. We're here, and
a meet sometime in the not too distant future sounds good. I should get some flyers together
to put on the other SVXs I have seen here in the Tri-Cities. I estimate between 9 and 12 not
counting ours. Seems like a lot for the size of the area, but we see them all the time. Anyway,
I'll try and stay in better touch so we can set something up. My e-mail is in the members area
if you want to get in touch.

Chuck

I know you've been around here for a couple months, but I never got a chance to say an official welcome! I'm over in western WA, live and work in Redmond. I've counted 8-10 different SVXes consistently in town here as well, and I usually see at least one or two every time I venture out onto the freeways around the Puget Sound. So that, combined with your sightings just in the Tri-Cities alone, seems to indicate that Washington has a pretty high SVX per capita ratio. Unfortunately, not much presence here on the web site. But little by little more are popping up, so there is hope... :)