PDA

View Full Version : Wife's GT and Matt Slap Subaru

benebob
07-30-2003, 06:59 PM
You probably read my post a week ago about the Forester Turbo (our loan car while our GT wagon was getting a hitch installed and the CD changer replaced as it never worked). Well we still have the turbo.

Here's the story. Apparently someone at the dealer %^&#$ up the d-side leather seat. They finally called my wife back about it tonight saying they have ordered a new seat bottom for it. To me this is unacceptable. Its a power seat plus leather. You'll never get a proper match! Tomorrow I'm gonna call and give them a proper explinatation of what is acceptable replacement in my mind (the entire d-side seat that is!). The car also will be checked bolt to bolt for damages, scrapes, ANYTHING!!!. I'm not out of line for a car with 200 miles on it am I????????????

Green1995SVX
07-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Ben,

As much as I hate to disagree with you, I bet you wouldnt be able to tell they've replaced the seat bottom. It isnt difficult to do, and there shouldnt be any match issues. There are pretty strict tolerances with that stuff.

Mike

Originally posted by benebob
You probably read my post a week ago about the Forester Turbo (our loan car while our GT wagon was getting a hitch installed and the CD changer replaced as it never worked). Well we still have the turbo.

Here's the story. Apparently someone at the dealer %^&#$ up the d-side leather seat. They finally called my wife back about it tonight saying they have ordered a new seat bottom for it. To me this is unacceptable. Its a power seat plus leather. You'll never get a proper match! Tomorrow I'm gonna call and give them a proper explinatation of what is acceptable replacement in my mind (the entire d-side seat that is!). The car also will be checked bolt to bolt for damages, scrapes, ANYTHING!!!. I'm not out of line for a car with 200 miles on it am I????????????

Subafreak
07-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Seems like a sloppy tech if he can't change a CD player without screwing up a leather seat. Maybe you could just wait to see what the replacment bottom looks like before you ream them for a whole seat. If you not satisfied with any part of the replacment like the match or the fit, tell them you want a new seat.

Darksied-X
07-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Amen, brother. Give 'em hell.

benebob
07-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Its really not about the seat not matching but that's the perfect out! It is more about the wiring and the set up of the seat over the long term. Aside from that it has sat for over a year (mfg date of 6/02) it WILL have faded over that time so I'm sure it will not match entirely. Mike, I'm sure you know me well enough by now to understand how anal I am about such things.:D Just as "the freak" says any tech who messes up a seat doing a cd player doesn't inspire confidence. I'm quite pissed at my wife at the moment anyway since I had already made an appointment to get the CD player taken care of from "my service manager" that I'd trust driving my car home with 1 less beer then myself after a long night.:D

Chicane
07-30-2003, 07:50 PM
But if you replace the whole seat then it won't match the rest of the seats... so maybe they should replace all of them...but then it wouldn't match the slightly used interior...so maybe they should give you a new STI.

Worth a shot anyway. ;)

- Rob

Green1995SVX
07-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Ben-

I dont know if you know this or not, but you cant order just a seat asy. You have to order each piece, and put it together. I dont know about you, but I would rather have a seat that was built in whatever seat plant rather than a seat that was built by the careless techs at your dealer. Especially with the airbag in there and everything. I strongly urge you to simply have the lower cushion replaced and see how that goes.

Mike

LarryIII
07-31-2003, 04:39 AM
What ar eyou doing going to Matt Slapp Subaru on Cleveland Ave. in Newark, DE? Rafferty or Welsh Subaru should be alot closer to you.

benebob
07-31-2003, 06:16 AM
Mike me gots a book with a full seat assembly part number in it. Granted its 7 years old but it still has full seat part numbers.

Larry, that's where we bought the car. They promised a hitch and when they called to say that the hitch was in my wife told them to look at the CD player. She is still getting yelled at by me for it as I had already made an appointment at Cumberland Valley Motors so they could get a look at it. I actually trust them. Besides, there are something like 9 dealers (including Matt Slap) closer to me than CVM and I wouldn't set foot in a majorty of them.

benebob
08-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Here's an update for all you out there on my wife's car.

Went to pick it up tonight. The seat cover of course doesn't match in color. One of course is pulled tight as can be the other has the typical looseness that leather gets after being on for a few years. The car now grinds going into 3rd and has a whine in the left rear when braking from 50 or above. When I spoke the the sales manager he assured me that everything would be taken care of and meet all new car quality. When I got there tonight he had told me he wouldn't be there but would fill the business manager in to the situation and I was to talk to him. Well I got there and he had no keys, no idea of the situation and was very pleasent about the whole thing.

I walked away with a written statement to take to Al at CVM saying to bill Matt Slap Subaru for any fixes necessary on the seat and radio (I didn't even look at it but wanted that covered too). Granted that doesn't make up for the assanine service (not even a service slip tonight!!!), the grind going into 3rd and the whine. I don't recommend anything about Matt Slap of Newark, DE for anything at this point!!!!

Subafreak
08-02-2003, 05:06 PM
It seems to be going from bad to worse, and it all started from thoes stupid leather seats your wife didn't want in the first place. Are you sure this isn't some ploy by her to get fabric seats put in it?

svxxx26
08-03-2003, 12:03 PM
BOBB, I know it's not a funny situation for you...but jeez, the dealership is really called Matt Slapp Subaru??? Does not instill good karma...nooooo.....:rolleyes:

Phast SVX
08-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Mike me gots a book with a full seat assembly part number in it. Granted its 7 years old but it still has full seat part numbers.

You do realize that you order that part and it will show up in a box in pieces dont you?
phil

Green1995SVX
08-03-2003, 07:36 PM
I double checked. There is no way to order a seat asy in one piece for a 03 legacy. I even asked the parts manager at Kerven and checked the parts computer.

Mike

LarryIII
08-04-2003, 04:28 AM
I don't recommend anything about Matt Slap of Newark, DE for anything at this point!!!!

Thanks for the warning. They are about 1/2 hr from my house. I was considering them for service. Guess I'll just schlepp up to Rafferty's, which is 45 min. away.

I had SUBYDOO up there Sat. morning. for minor stuff. He has alot of STI's on the lot now & most are sold. Subaru is painting the cars in a very pretty silve color. I wish they would put that color on the bottom of the Outback instead of the shade thaey call 'Titanium'.

I did find out that the OB is getting the turbocharged 2.5L engine
(aka Forester XT) in June 2004 and Suby is increasing the power of the 3.0L six.. Maybe I can finally get an OB wagon with some pickup.

benebob
08-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I double checked. There is no way to order a seat asy in one piece for a 03 legacy. I even asked the parts manager at Kerven and checked the parts computer.

Mike

I trust ya Mike. I've got old stuff here so am not suprised at all;) . Its at CVM now (picking it back up tonight). They have ordered everything they say it needs and Al (the service manager) has ordered the parts it needs. NEW TRANNY I THINK!!!!!!!! Although I couldn't quite hear on the cell I was on. Oh yeah, he said that somehow they gooped up the cusion on the seat so the evidently tried to fix it with the hopes it wouldn't be caught. He said for that he ordered a whole new cover even though they ordered a new one at Matt Slap and put it on. Just got a form letter from the service manger there today saying to contact him before Subaru if something wasn't done right.:D :D :D