PDA

View Full Version : Funny English translation

rufus
07-19-2003, 10:31 PM
I know that several of you, like myself, enjoy a good piece of garbled translation every now and then. This "notice" is posted in my hotel room, and it has a few good ones in it.

Sorry if it is a little hard to read.

One line needs a little explanation:

"Durian is not allowed in the hotel permit fruit. the penalty of 500 baht will be charge directly to your account"

Durian is a type of fruit that is popular here in Thailand for some odd reason. It does not taste too bad, but the smell of it can be best described as dirty, sweaty socks soaked in vomit. For that reason, consumption of Durian is generally not permitted in public places...

:eek:

Ron Mummert
07-19-2003, 10:55 PM
Durian is a type of fruit that is popular here in Thailand for some odd reason. It does not taste too bad, but the smell of it can be best described as dirty, sweaty socks soaked in vomit. For that reason, consumption of Durian is generally not permitted in public places...

:eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm..... I "smell" another Ripimoff Industries marketing opportunity.

"BOX 'O DURIAN. "So tasty, you puke BEFORE you drink". "Quickly make room for more Durian"! "Always in good taste". Hotel approved package design. Look for box with smiling Buddah holding nose.

Ron (Yum... Fruit that smells like Shaq's jockstrap...It's GOTTA be good stuff)!

svxistentialist
07-20-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

:eek:

Hmmm..... I "smell" another Ripimoff Industries marketing opportunity.

"BOX 'O DURIAN. "So tasty, you puke BEFORE you drink". "Quickly make room for more Durian"! "Always in good taste". Hotel approved package design. Look for box with smiling Buddah holding nose.

Ron (Yum... Fruit that smells like Shaq's jockstrap...It's GOTTA be good stuff)! [/B][/QUOTE]

Ron, Rufus

If it smells that bad before you eat it, just think of the possibilities if you ferment it, and make some headjuice from it!:D :D

We could use Ron's marketing wing, Ripimoff Inc, to sell it on the Clear Conscience basis;

"Don't feel bad about getting plastered and hurling chunks; with Durian XXX, everybody hurls "

We could get REM to endorse. they have a song that fits....

Joe:) :D

Alycone
07-20-2003, 04:44 PM
I like durians, just hold your nose while you eat em. :)

Besides, they look so neat and spikey.
folks eating durian (http://www.juntak.com/pictures/A_eating_durian_as_family.jpg)
giant durian (11kg) (http://www.juntak.com/pictures/B_our_durian_star.jpg)

There's some sign on a Philippino hotel, saying "No firearms or durian fruits permitted in rooms." :rolleyes:

LarryIII
07-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Looks like something from the movie, "The Day of the Triffids."

Ron,

Where's the Box-O-Durian Wine. I hear it goes great with Poultry & Fish.

I wonder if Chateau LeBlank Durian goes with crab cakes?

Ron Mummert
07-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Ron,

Where's the Box-O-Durian Wine. I hear it goes great with Poultry & Fish.

The brew goes especially well with carp that have washed up on the beach & baked for a few days.
Yes.....and it will give new meaning to the phrase. Whew...I got stinkin' drunk last night".

Ron (contemplating the distinctive bouquet).

rufus
07-21-2003, 02:06 AM
Just found this one on a bag of REALLY horrible tasting Chinese candy:

"Because modernists have partiality for a limited variety of food and anorexia. The product used "LeXiaoYao" arhat fruit prescription of tradition, assimilate savageness fruit ingredient, epurate crank out by modernization technique. It can refreshing, being clear in mind, digest stimulate the appetite accrue saliva and stop thirsty. aftertaste infinitude, It adapt to old and young. It is ealthiness perfect gift in the four seasons.

Using method: use it directly or commingle it with water. (If the surface show white, it is normal, it can be used.)"

:confused: :D :confused:

Ron Mummert
07-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by rufus
Just found this one on a bag of REALLY horrible tasting Chinese candy:

"Because modernists have partiality for a limited variety of food and anorexia. The product used "LeXiaoYao" arhat fruit prescription of tradition, assimilate savageness fruit ingredient, epurate crank out by modernization technique. It can refreshing, being clear in mind, digest stimulate the appetite accrue saliva and stop thirsty. aftertaste infinitude, It adapt to old and young. It is ealthiness perfect gift in the four seasons.

Using method: use it directly or commingle it with water. (If the surface show white, it is normal, it can be used.)"

:confused: :D :confused:

I'd say we dissolve it & give it a try as a stop leak for the power steering system.

Ron (Automotive innovation through Chinese chemistry).

rufus
07-21-2003, 08:37 PM
This sign is on all the hotel elevators:

(that's a durian fruit)