PDA

View Full Version : MW Cookout III

montypython
07-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Back again due to overwhelming demand:p

What: MW Cookout III
When: Saturday, August 9th, 2003
Where: montypython's place - 832 Racine Street, Delavan, WI

To qualify to attend this prestigeous event you must arrive in an SVX :) , XT6 :D , or Mitsubishi Eclipse :rolleyes: (how did that get in there?)

This has been a smallish event for the "locals", but everyone is welcome - the more the merrier, so sign up and come along:cool:

montypython
07-04-2003, 05:46 AM
I'll start the sign up:

1. montypython

mohrds
07-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by montypython
I'll start the sign up:

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy

We'll leave the dogs at home

BLKSVX92
07-05-2003, 11:39 PM
i may beable to make it

montypython
07-06-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by BLKSVX92
i may beable to make it

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. BLKSVX92

Now your committed :)
Be good to see you again.

drivemusicnow
07-14-2003, 07:25 PM
1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. BLKSVX92
4. drivemusicnow

sounds like a good time, I should be able to make it.

LarryIII
07-15-2003, 05:03 AM
Sniff, sniff. I smell a barbecue.

Did someone say SVXes & free food?
What an irresistable combination.

mohrds
07-15-2003, 01:55 PM
Colin,

I was chatting with John today and he doesn't pop his head in here much. You may want to Email him and personally invite him and the "house spouse"

Just a thought.

Doug

mohrds
07-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Sniff, sniff. I smell a barbecue.

Did someone say SVXes & free food?
What an irresistible combination.

Larry,

Anytime you come to the midwest, you are always welcome to stay with Amy & I. We'll be happy to kick the dogs off of their bed to make room for you :D

Doug

nhealy
07-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey all,

I would definitely like to attned the cookout. I was hoping the Midwest meet would have happened since it looked like there were quite a few SVXers interested. I'm moving to Madison just a few days after the date for the cookout so this will give me a good chance to get to know southern Wisconsin a little better. I am happy to bring any food or drinks or contribute any way I can. Looking forward to meeting some other SVX fans!:D

Take care,
Nolan

alacrity024
07-17-2003, 11:47 AM
hey-

we might be in WI on our road trip by the 9th.. if we are, I'll drop someone a PM and get directions.. we'll arrive in style in a Legacy wagon.. is that kosher?

-adam

mohrds
07-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by alacrity024
we'll arrive in style in a Legacy wagon.. is that kosher?

The Legacy is, but the food isn't :D

Doug

montypython
07-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by nhealy
Hey all,

I would definitely like to attned the cookout. I was hoping the Midwest meet would have happened since it looked like there were quite a few SVXers interested. I'm moving to Madison just a few days after the date for the cookout so this will give me a good chance to get to know southern Wisconsin a little better. I am happy to bring any food or drinks or contribute any way I can. Looking forward to meeting some other SVX fans!:D

Take care,
Nolan

Nolan, you'll be very welcome. No need to bring anything, unless LarryIII decides to show up then I'll need to order another cow:D
I'll be posting directions, etc before the day.

montypython
07-17-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by alacrity024
hey-

we might be in WI on our road trip by the 9th.. if we are, I'll drop someone a PM and get directions.. we'll arrive in style in a Legacy wagon.. is that kosher?

-adam

We can have a special section for Legacy wagons. You can park next to mine:p

montypython
07-17-2003, 12:45 PM
So far we have:

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. BLKSVX92
4. drivemusicnow
5. nhealy
6. alacrity024 (maybe)

Where's Lwin, Stan, Viv, etc.:confused:

stanbu815
07-19-2003, 10:01 AM
Hi Colin -

Sorry for such a delay in replying. I'll be up in Oshkosh for the EAA Show the previous Thursday through Sunday with my brother who is also a pilot and is coming in from California. We were trying to make sure that the timing for the following Saturday, the 9th was OK for just my wife and me.

Looks like we have it all straightened out and it's a go. Add our names, Stan & Dede, to your list. :)

Seriously--is there anything specific you would like us to bring, otherwise we'll figure out something everyone should enjoy.

Looking forward to it.

Yes - I was wondering about Lwin, too. He's welcome to come up with us.

Does Adam want us to bring Kosher food? :D

montypython
07-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Updated List

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. BLKSVX92
4. drivemusicnow
5. nhealy
6. alacrity024 (maybe)
7. stanbu815 & Dede

vzSvx
07-20-2003, 11:14 PM
So far we have:

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. BLKSVX92
4. drivemusicnow
5. nhealy
6. alacrity024 (maybe)

Where's Lwin, Stan, Viv, etc.:confused:

Colin,

I would love to come to this meet, but I can't. I have to attend a wedding...and looks like it's gonna be a whole day affair.

Have fun and please post some pics.

montypython
07-21-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by vzSvx

Colin,

I would love to come to this meet, but I can't. I have to attend a wedding...and looks like it's gonna be a whole day affair.

Have fun and please post some pics.

Thats too bad, Viv we'll miss you:(
Now if I could only find Lwin:confused:

Bwana
07-22-2003, 01:14 PM
1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. BLKSVX92
4. drivemusicnow
5. nhealy
6. alacrity024 (maybe)
7. stanbu815 & Dede
8. Bwana

I'll come if my car's fixed by then. :(
Otherwise, will there be a section for either GMC Envoy's or Audi A6's? :p

mohrds
07-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Bwana
1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. BLKSVX92
4. drivemusicnow
5. nhealy
6. alacrity024 (maybe)
7. stanbu815 & Dede
8. Bwana

I'll come if my car's fixed by then. :(
Otherwise, will there be a section for either GMC Envoy's or Audi A6's? :p

I vote for you bringing the A6 if the SVX is still on the disabled list.

Doug

montypython
07-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by mohrds

I vote for you bringing the A6 if the SVX is still on the disabled list.

Doug

That would be better than the Envoy:rolleyes:

BLKSVX92
07-24-2003, 10:03 PM
i thought this was on the 2nd :( i have to move back to school on the 9th so i dont think ill be there

Seraph
07-27-2003, 11:35 AM
I'' be there as well. In the galant since my SVX is STILL OTR. I sat in the SVX the other day. Man did I miss the SVX.

L

ykobayashi
07-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey All,

I've been looking forward to my very first SVX meet. Since the last one didn't happen, I'm clearing my calendar to be there. I assume that you all are providing maps and such for us first timers. I'm going from Waukegan, If anyone would like to travel together from the Lake County area, I'd like to join (not that Delavan is all that far)

See you there.

Yoshi
1995 SVX L
51k - Brilliant Red

Phast SVX
07-28-2003, 12:17 AM
im going to see if i can get off work tommorow. Ill get right back to you as ive missed this thread somehow :( shouldnt be a problem though, id like to meet more SVX owners
phil

montypython
07-28-2003, 04:43 AM
So, the list to date:

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. drivemusicnow
4. nhealy
5. alacrity024 (maybe)
6. stanbu815 & Dede
7. Bwana
8. seraph
9. Phast SVX (maybe)
10. ykobayashi

I'll post directions, etc later in the week.
Looks like we'll have a decent tiurnout:)

Seraph
07-28-2003, 12:31 PM
So, the list to date:

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. drivemusicnow
4. nhealy
5. alacrity024 (maybe)
6. stanbu815 & Dede
7. Bwana
8. seraph
9. Phast SVX (maybe)
10. ykobayashi

I'll post directions, etc later in the week.
Looks like we'll have a decent tiurnout:)

I'll be fun. I can't wait.

lwin

mohrds
07-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Seraph

I'll be fun. I can't wait.

lwin

You'll be fun? :eek:
I don't know if I want to witness that :D

drivemusicnow
07-28-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm coming up from Mchenry county... if anyone cares, i'll be bringing my friend too. He's visiting from Germany (he lived here for like 4 years, then moved back to Germany) Is that ok... i'm sure after showing him my car he'll love SVXes too ;)

montypython
07-29-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
I'm coming up from Mchenry county... if anyone cares, i'll be bringing my friend too. He's visiting from Germany (he lived here for like 4 years, then moved back to Germany) Is that ok... i'm sure after showing him my car he'll love SVXes too ;)

That's fine, drive. If you let me know what highway you be coming up on, I'll post directions fore you.

Seraph
07-29-2003, 11:30 AM

I don't know if I want to witness that :D

You sure? :D

Seraph
07-29-2003, 11:31 AM

Is your mom gonna be there too?

svxblondie
07-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Sounds like a great gathering ... and a chance to meet other SVX owners who live nearby. Can I bring anything??

svxblondie

'92 Seagreen blue

montypython
07-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by svxblondie
Sounds like a great gathering ... and a chance to meet other SVX owners who live nearby. Can I bring anything??

svxblondie

'92 Seagreen blue

Yes:) An SVX, yourself and a friend if you like. Glad you can make it.

montypython
07-29-2003, 04:18 PM
Updated list:

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. drivemusicnow
4. nhealy
5. alacrity024 (maybe)
6. stanbu815 & Dede
7. Bwana
8. seraph
9. Phast SVX (maybe)
10. ykobayashi
11. svxblondie

drivemusicnow
07-30-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Seraph

Is your mom gonna be there too?

I don't think so... she wants to but I'm pretty sure she has to work.
About what time will we be gathering? cause i'm working 5AM to 1... (stupid golf course) and then would be coming up after that. is that ok? I'm pretty sure i'd just take Route 14.... seems like a fairly straight shot into Delavan.

montypython
07-30-2003, 09:16 AM

I don't think so... she wants to but I'm pretty sure she has to work.
About what time will we be gathering? cause i'm working 5AM to 1... (stupid golf course) and then would be coming up after that. is that ok? I'm pretty sure i'd just take Route 14.... seems like a fairly straight shot into Delavan.

I was thinking we'd start gathering between 1pm and 2pm but it doesn't matter if you arrive (or before) after that.
I'll post again with directions later in the week.

montypython
07-31-2003, 04:56 AM
I some how don't think alacrity024 is going to make it. Seems like he'd rather be on the beach in Malibu than at the cookout. So he's off the list.

1. montypython
2. mohrds and Amy
3. drivemusicnow
4. nhealy
5. stanbu815 & Dede
6. Bwana
7. seraph
8. Phast SVX (maybe)
9. ykobayashi
10. svxblondie

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seraph
08-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Beach or a cookout? Humm... I'd choose the SVX cookout. But that's me. Food, cars we all love and people we enjoy hanging around. What more do you need?

:rolleyes:

montypython
08-03-2003, 10:17 AM
If your coming in on I43 take Exit#21 and at the end of the off ramp go West (turn right) on Hwy 50.
In 1/4 mile turn right on Wright Street.
Go past Pick N Save on the right and go straight on at the first stop light.
At the next stop light (Junction with Hwy 11/Racine Street) turn left. Your now heading roughly SW.
I am about 3/4 mile on your left hand side, 3 houses past Harrison Street. Turn left into the driveway and go all the way to the end. Park to your left on the back lawn.

The address is:

832 Racine Street
Delavan
WI 53115
Tel: 262-728-1597

Lat: 42.6340
Long: -88.6363

Arrive ant time between 1:00 and 2:00pm

montypython
08-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Take I90 West towards Madison/Janesville/Beloit.
About 4 miles over the Illinois/Wisconsin state line take I43 towards Milwaukee and take Exit # 17 for Delavan, Hwy X.
Turn left onto Hwy X past the High School on your left and continue straight on at the first stop sign. At the second stop sign turn right onto Hwy 11. I live on Hwy 11/Racine Street so your almost there.
Continue on into town and go past the girraffe, the water tower and the elephant.
Go all the way through town over the brick street (Walworth) to the stop light. St. Andrews Church is to the right.
Go straight on. Walworth now changes to Racine Street.
After a slight left corner I'm about the fourth house on your right.
Turn right into the driveway and go all the way to the end. Park to your left on the back lawn.

The address is:

832 Racine Street
Delavan
WI 53115

montypython
08-03-2003, 10:36 AM
Take I90 East towards Chicago/Janesville.
Take the third Janesville exit # 175B for Delavan, Hwy 11. There's construction at the exit so be careful not to miss it and be careful not to Take 175A.
You'll merge directly onto Hwy 11 and you now just less than 20 miles from destination. I live on Hwy 11/Racine Street so you have no more turns to take.
Continue on into Delavan and go past the girraffe, the water tower and the elephant.
Go all the way through town over the brick street (Walworth) to the stop light. St. Andrews Church is to the right.
Go straight on. Walworth now changes to Racine Street.
After a slight left corner I'm about the fourth house on your right.
Turn right into the driveway and go all the way to the end. Park to your left on the back lawn.

The address is:

832 Racine Street
Delavan
WI 53115

montypython
08-03-2003, 10:41 AM
If anyone needs directions from some other place, just let me know.

Seraph
08-03-2003, 02:22 PM
I'll just let the GPS take me to your place. Oh and I have been there before too.

montypython
08-05-2003, 09:45 AM
It looks like we'll have eight SVX's and two arriving by "other" means.

1. montypython - SVX
2. mohrds and Amy - SVX
3. drivemusicnow - SVX
4. nhealy - SVX
5. stanbu815 & Dede - SVX
6. Bwana - A6
7. seraph - Mitsu
8. Phast SVX (maybe) - SVX
9. ykobayashi - SVX
10. svxblondie - SVX

All 8 SVX's should be able to fit on the back lawn. Non Subaru's are not allowed in this area and should left in the Pick n Save parking lot 3 miles away. You can walk the rest of the way:D :D
Lwin knows I'm kidding, others may not so, yes you can bring your Mitsu's or whatever but the lawn is reserved for SVX's:cool: :cool:

mohrds
08-05-2003, 10:12 AM
I'm looking forward to it.

Doug

montypython
08-05-2003, 02:23 PM
It's all you can eat till there's nothing left to eat.
Doug's coming so be early or be hungry:p

1. World Famous Monty Brats
2. Wishing They Were Famous Monty Hot Wings
3. Never Will Be Famous Mrs. Monty Burgers

Trimmings will be whatever Mrs. Monty wants them to be.

Beverages will be provided.

stanbu815
08-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Dede and I are looking forward to it, too! We'll be leaving about noon from Buffalo Grove, IL and will be taking the scenic route NW. I'll have to set up my Garmin and see if it leads me astray.
Lwin - do you have a xcountry route picked out or are you going out on the Tollway? :confused:

mohrds
08-06-2003, 09:31 AM
It's all you can eat till there's nothing left to eat.
Doug's coming so be early or be hungry:p

1. World Famous Monty Brats
2. Wishing They Were Famous Monty Hot Wings
3. Never Will Be Famous Mrs. Monty Burgers

Trimmings will be whatever Mrs. Monty wants them to be.

Beverages will be provided.

Might I suggest having the "World Famous Hooter's Girls" bring the chicken wings?

I have a new camera and I want to try it out :D

Doug

Seraph
08-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by stanbu815
Dede and I are looking forward to it, too! We'll be leaving about noon from Buffalo Grove, IL and will be taking the scenic route NW. I'll have to set up my Garmin and see if it leads me astray.
Lwin - do you have a xcountry route picked out or are you going out on the Tollway? :confused:

I am going to head up north IL 12 (I could be wrong). I'd rather not take the tollway. Do you want to leave together?

Lwin

montypython
08-06-2003, 10:33 AM

Might I suggest having the "World Famous Hooter's Girls" bring the chicken wings?

I have a new camera and I want to try it out :D

Doug

No need.
I've got costumes for Amy and Irene:eek:

mohrds
08-06-2003, 11:03 AM

No need.
I've got costumes for Amy and Irene:eek:

No costume for Lwin?

montypython
08-06-2003, 01:43 PM

No costume for Lwin?

I thought he had his own "wardrobe";)

ykobayashi
08-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Lwin and Stan,

What time you guys leaving? Mind if I tag along? I am planning to take the tollway up to highway 50. Then 50 straight into Delavan.

Yoshi

montypython
08-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ykobayashi
Lwin and Stan,

What time you guys leaving? Mind if I tag along? I am planning to take the tollway up to highway 50. Then 50 straight into Delavan.

Yoshi

Yoshi, if your coming in on Hwy 50 follow the directions above from Milwaukee. Hwy 50 passes underneath I43 at exit # 21, so pick up those directions from the right turn onto Wright Street.
See you Saturday.

nhealy
08-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Hey Colin,

I'm definitely looking forward to Saturday.
I'm coming from Dubuque, IA and it looks like I just take highway 11.
If you have any suggestions on alternate routes due to road work etc., and getting to your place entering Delavan from the west, they would be greatly appreciated.

See everyone on Saturday:)

Take care,
Nolan

stanbu815
08-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Lwin - I believe you're right but I'll do some homework tonight. I think it is Hiway 12. Actually, you were there last year so I will regard you as an ex-pert (former pert). ;)
How about giving me a call sometime before Saturday morning and we should be able to do a bit of coordination. I think if we leave around noon, it's probably an hour or so on the road.

I'd call you but I'm not sure if I have your latest number. You can also PM me. No sense cluttering up this thread.

I don't think we will be able to help Yoshi because we won't be near where he is coming from. Colin gave him other directions.

Seraph
08-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Actually, I was thinking highway 50 but skipping the tollway part and joining I43 later. It could be 12 too. I just can't remember. I will have to look up a map later tonight. Bah! Maps! The interstate leg of the trip is not too bad and pretty short. I was thinking leaving around 12:30 so that we can get in by about 1:30 or so (regular driving) What do you think?

Yoshi, I think you might be able to join us. You live around here right?

L

stanbu815
08-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Lwin - I looked at the map. Looks like we take 12 and we can pick up 50 West at the East end of Lake Geneva. Then we follow Colin's directions into Delavan. Perhaps Colin can comment on that stretch of 50 because the alternative is to take 12 all the way up to I43 and then go SW into Delavan. The latter would be on Expressway type Roads while 50 looks like a 2 lane xcountry road. Might be that the latter would be longer but faster. I don't mind slower if it is a nice sunny Saturday afternoon, which the forecast says it should be. The scenery around Lake Geneva is nice but the traffic could be a disaster.

Anyway, give me a call or PM.

I think Yoshi lives in Waukegan which is kinda out of the way but he may comment differently.

Seraph
08-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Stan

Call me sometime tomorrow or the day after. Yoshi, you can call me as well. Since both of you have not been to Colin's might as well go together. We can find a place to meet somewhere to pick up one another or we can all meet at Stan's and leave together. North Chicago Area is slightly further north but he can join us on the way.

My number is: 8) 749-1263

Lwin

montypython
08-07-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by nhealy
Hey Colin,

I'm definitely looking forward to Saturday.
I'm coming from Dubuque, IA and it looks like I just take highway 11.
If you have any suggestions on alternate routes due to road work etc., and getting to your place entering Delavan from the west, they would be greatly appreciated.

See everyone on Saturday:)

Take care,
Nolan

Nolan, Hwy 11 looks like the best route.
You can use the "Directions from Madison" post above. If you follow all the Hwy 11 signs once you get to Janesville then you'll cross over I90 at exit # 175B. Then pick up those directions from where they merge onto Hwy 11.
Looking forward to seeing you.

montypython
08-07-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by stanbu815
Lwin - I looked at the map. Looks like we take 12 and we can pick up 50 West at the East end of Lake Geneva. Then we follow Colin's directions into Delavan. Perhaps Colin can comment on that stretch of 50 because the alternative is to take 12 all the way up to I43 and then go SW into Delavan. The latter would be on Expressway type Roads while 50 looks like a 2 lane xcountry road. Might be that the latter would be longer but faster. I don't mind slower if it is a nice sunny Saturday afternoon, which the forecast says it should be. The scenery around Lake Geneva is nice but the traffic could be a disaster.

Anyway, give me a call or PM.

I think Yoshi lives in Waukegan which is kinda out of the way but he may comment differently.

If your using Hwy 12, I would stay on all the way to I43 and take I43 to Delavan and Beloit. Then you can take exit # 21 and then pick up the "Directions from Milwaukee" above.
Just MHO.

svxblondie
08-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Hello all,

Sadly, I won't be able to make the SVX gathering, after all. A relative has passed suddenly and all my plans have changed for the next several days. So sorry. Hope I can meet all of you another time, soon. :-(

svxblondie
"92 seagreen blue

mohrds
08-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Hello all,

Sadly, I won't be able to make the SVX gathering, after all. A relative has passed suddenly and all my plans have changed for the next several days. So sorry. Hope I can meet all of you another time, soon. :-(

svxblondie
"92 seagreen blue

My condolences to you and your family.

Doug

svxblondie
08-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Thank you, Doug.

montypython
08-08-2003, 05:27 PM
Hello all,

svxblondie
"92 seagreen blue

I'm really sorry to hear about that, blondie. Please accept my condolences.
Let's hope we get to meet sometime soon.

Seraph
08-08-2003, 06:41 PM
My condolences to you and your family as well.

Lwin

stanbu815
08-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Dede and I, too, were looking forward to meeting you. We were sorry to hear of your loss and add our condolences to you and your family.

stanbu815
08-09-2003, 10:14 PM
We're back from a very enjoyable day with a great bunch of SVX'ers. Dede and I want to thank Colin and Irene for their gracious hospitality. The food was outstanding and the Wisconsin Brats were a special treat for us.
Nice to meet new people who share their enthusiasm for the SVX. Hope we can do it again soon.
Thanks for everything.

montypython
08-10-2003, 05:41 AM
Thanks to everybody who came out to the Cookout yesterday. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as Irene and I.
We had seven SVX's this year - an increase of two over last year. Actually, every year we've had an increase of two SVX's. If it continues like this, we'll have to get a bigger house:D
We had Doug & Amy (mohrds), Greg (drivemusicnow), Nolan (nhealy), Stan & Dede (stanbu815), Yoshi (ykobayashi), Mike (BLKSVX92), all in their SVX's, and Lwin (seraph) in his Mitsubishi that we made him park in the back alley, and finally Robert & Mary (Mike's Mom and Dad) who gate crashed in their Volvo.
Thanks again for coming - I'm already looking forward to next year
:cool:

nhealy
08-10-2003, 10:28 AM
It was great fun to get to meet everyone at the cookout yesterday.
Putting the names with the faces and sharing our enthusiasim about our cars and the stories we have about them is always an enjoyable experience.
I was glad to have met you all and will keep in touch for future SVX events.
Thanks to Colin and Irene for hosting this event. The food was excellent as was the company:)

Take care,
Nolan

montypython
09-07-2003, 07:41 AM
I finally got around to adding some pics in my locker.

ykobayashi
09-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

Sorry about how late this message is but I thought better late then never.

I just wanted to thank Colin and his wife for opening up their house and the great hospitality. I really enjoyed meeting and chatting with everyone. Its great to know that there are other SVX enthusiasts out there and that I'm not alone!

I look forward to the next meet/gathering and hope to see you all again soon!! Thanks again!

Sincerest Regards,

Yoshi