PDA

View Full Version : Just quit my job

benebob
07-03-2003, 06:59 AM
Well after weeeks of pondering about setting up a carpentry and minor repair business with a friend I just turned in my 2 week notice. That means I soon won't be having steady checks rolling in. Very nervous here! Granted, the money I make isn't really needed for our bills but it pretty much covers our entertainment and home restoration costs. Hopefully everyone will see a little less of me throughout the day in a few weeks.

nubs
07-03-2003, 07:28 AM
Going into business for your self is a tough decision but also very rewarding if it works out. I have thought about it numorus times myself. The only problem for me is that my wife is self employed also, which makes insurance an issue. Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best.

thumper_svx
07-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Definitely good luck. I may well be following in your footsteps in the next couple of weeks... if I don't I just won't get paid this month AT ALL!!!!!

Long story.

svx_commuter
07-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Well at least you won't have to hassle with the boss any more. :D

Best wishes :)

CigarJohnny
07-03-2003, 11:16 AM
Congrats on the leap of faith, Ben! I hope all works out well for you and your partner. :)

SVXRide
07-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Sounds like you're going with your heart! Good luck...stay focused and enjoy what you're doing!
-Bill

Bobb
07-03-2003, 07:29 PM
You are a brave person, going out to that cruel world. The only real negative is not being able to ***** about the boss. Good luck, if ypu were closer you could do some work at my place. Take care, BOBB

SVXdriver_007
07-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by benebob
Well after weeeks of pondering about setting up a carpentry and minor repair business with a friend I just turned in my 2 week notice. That means I soon won't be having steady checks rolling in. Very nervous here! Granted, the money I make isn't really needed for our bills but it pretty much covers our entertainment and home restoration costs. Hopefully everyone will see a little less of me throughout the day in a few weeks.

I appluad you for taking the chance I can't tell you how may times I come up with a plan to go into buisiness for myself but than backout because I'm just plain worried about failing and landing my family in a bad position.
good luck with it though and if you're anygood feel free to come to CT and help me with my windows.

huck369
07-04-2003, 07:47 AM
I wish you the best of luck in your venture, you seem to be the kind of guy who will make it work out.

ensteele
07-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Good luck with the new adventure. When I was self employed, I worked harder for me that for anyone else. (My boss was a real hard a$$) :D