PDA

View Full Version : Other Weird Cars you want to own

Chicane
07-01-2003, 03:29 PM
What else doyou want besides an SVX?

I want to get a Dodge Omni GLHS. I think those are sweet. It's a dodge omni (yep, the 80s POS) tuned by Shelby, and it has a turbo and everything! :D With a mild engine swap (from a Lebaron GTC) it'll run high 12s, low 13s all day, still have AC, power everything, and get 35mpg.

AWESOME!

- Rob

LarryIII
07-01-2003, 04:53 PM
1) Lamborghini Miura,
2) Citroen DS-21
3) SAAB Sonnet II
4) Corvair Monza Spyder (turbocharged)
5) Studebaker Avanti

If that list isn't far out enough, I don't know what is !

immortal_suby
07-01-2003, 08:08 PM
a 3.3L little red wagon

SubaSteevo
07-01-2003, 08:09 PM
My dream Garage:
Convertable: Mitshubishi 3000GT VR-4 Spyder
Sports Car: 95'+ Toyota Supra Turbo
SUV: The Lamborghini SUV (forget the name, they only made like 100)
"Family" Car: New BMW M5
Truck: Chevy SS-R
Muscle Car: 70' Chevelle SS black w/white stripes

LarryIII
07-02-2003, 04:55 AM
I thought that this thread was for weird, far out of the mainstream cars.

SVX10
07-02-2003, 05:53 AM
early 90's BMW 850iL (the one with 6 speed transmission)
R35 Skyline GT-R
Subaru Legacy B4
Mil Spec Hum Vee
Custom Jeep deal to go off road and haul stuff (more realistic than the hum vee)

CigarJohnny
07-02-2003, 06:31 AM
My list of cars that I promised myself I will own one day is currently down by one...the SVX. :D

Here are the rest:

Porshe 928
C-5 Corvette
Last generation RX7
'47-'49 Chevy pickup street rod

Those that I will try to own if the right opportunity knocks:

3000GT VR-4
Miata (with a twin-turbo rotary swap...muahahahah!)
Mercedes CLK500 Coupe
Mercedes "S" Class
Porshe Boxster

Of course the lists above are subject to change at my whim. :)

benebob
07-02-2003, 07:00 AM
1. Morgan (any 60 year old car that can blow the doors off 90% of the modern sports car comp is a definate must have:D ).

2. Lotus Europa (Ditto)

3. Triumph Spitfire (Bye-bye Miata)

4. Subaru FF1 (just for racing in vintage class).

5. TVR Speed 12 (even though they aren't gonna build it. 1000 hp in that frame would be lethal).

ww111
07-02-2003, 07:12 AM
I'm selling a TR-8!

So it's got the engine of the Morgan. the Triumph label and as far as the TVR thing, well it's made in the same country...

Interested?

Collins

benebob
07-02-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I saw your post a while back. Wish I could but I'm not allowed to have any more cars and currently I'm not looking to get rid of anything.:D

SVX26517
07-02-2003, 07:23 AM
how much are you selling that TR-8 for?
Also i have a car to put on the list:

Peugeot 505 turbo or the V-6 Those cars haul big butt:D

JLittell
07-02-2003, 11:25 AM
A beat up ice cream truck?

Andy
07-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Keep trying lads, but you can't beat my Honda!!

Kurt_W
07-02-2003, 05:00 PM
LarryIII: theres a place about 30 miles from here that generally have a couple of Avanti's for sale...

Andy: Do you have any pictures of your Honda? I consider myself pretty knowledgable of most Hondas, but yours is outside my range of knowledge. I'd love to see it, or at least see a name I can use to look it up with ;)

As for cars I'd like to own that are odd:
Lotus Elan (just about any)
Lotus Elise
Lotus Europa (see a trend?)

Toyota Celica GT4 Alltrac turbo

Jensen CV8

Ferrari GTO (yeah right)

Just about any MG equipt with a SC'd S2000 drivetrain

I'm sure there are others that aren't popping to mind at the moment but this is enough.

Subafreak
07-02-2003, 05:31 PM
SVX for starts.

I'd like a mint BRAT of any year.
A 360 Van or Pick up.
Ya an FF-1 would be cool too.
a 72 Caddy Herse with big crome wheels, hydralics, and a coffin for a speaker box.
A VW Swimmwagon and Commanderswagon.

wasions
07-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Me too, on the Brat and the Europa.
Also: '72 Ferrari Dino 246, Pinzgauer, DeLorean, '59 Citroen, that first teensie Honda (I forget it's name), Subaru 360, Studebaker Hawk (the one with the bullet in the center), and many more . . .

Chicane
07-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Speaking of studes, my dad has a 55 Studebaker Speedster, PRESIDENT EDITION. Try finding one of those for sale. There are only like 60 left. :)

- Rob

Landshark
07-02-2003, 07:50 PM
- 1995 Porsche 928GTS (w/6.5L stoker kit ;) )
- 2003 Ruf RTurbo
- final year Toyota Supra Turbo
- " " Mazda RX-7 Turbo
- Subaru Blitzen B4
- 1997 Vector W8-M12
- 1987 Buick GNX
- BMW 850 CSi
- Subaru SVX 'Raw Furry Edition'
- any Dodge Neon

Chicane
07-02-2003, 07:56 PM
Alright, I'm going to redo this thread.

You people are all putting down normal 'cool' cars.

Not weird cars.

- Rob

Ron Mummert
07-02-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Chicane
Speaking of studes, my dad has a 55 Studebaker Speedster, PRESIDENT EDITION. Try finding one of those for sale. There are only like 60 left. :)

- Rob

Does it have the original Lemon over Lime paint job?
I thought it was simply called the Studebaker President Speedster.
Nice car, Rob, but I'd actually prefer the original '53 starlight coupe. Less slapped on chrome. That has to be the most radical car design ever to come out of Detroit (OK, South Bend).

Ron (Raymond Lowey fan).

chris92svxlsl
07-02-2003, 09:40 PM
The only other weird car I have owned was a 94 Ford Taurus SHO. The car was a hybrid of american muscle and japenese intelligence. It packed a 220 stock hp Yamaha 24v DOHC engine plus it looked cool and screwed! It was the ultimate sleeper until it hit a telephone pole :( ouch!

Future weird cars
Maserati Bi turbo
BMW 635 csi Cirrus
VW Corrado vr6

SubaSteevo
07-02-2003, 09:56 PM
I believe the SVX isn't weird, just unique. In that case I think almost all the cars that have been listed can be concidered unique or rare with the exception of the Dodge Neon listed by Landshark ;) I concider things like the Thing, an Amphicar, or an Aztec to be weird (or just god awfully ugly). Everything else is not really weird, just "cooler" because it's got it's own personality rather than just a thing with wheels. Oh yeah, since the recent SUV post I forgot one more awesome "weird" car I'd want, an Izuzu Vehicross. Not really good at anything, but I just love something about the way it looks. I got to sit in a Vehicross Convertible roadster concept at a car show about 4 years ago(don't think they'll ever make it), very cool indeed.

zamorush
07-02-2003, 10:48 PM
DeLorean....... the car to buy. Alhtough, it is kind of expencive. Ebay range from $10,000 to $20,000, but still, love the look.

BTW, how rare are Deloreans?

nik

Andy
07-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Kurt_W
Andy: Do you have any pictures of your Honda? I consider myself pretty knowledgable of most Hondas, but yours is outside my range of knowledge. I'd love to see it, or at least see a name I can use to look it up with ;)

I can tease no longer. I have added pictures to my locker.

benebob
07-03-2003, 07:58 AM
For all you mint Brat fans. There just so happens to be one here in Carlisle PA. Blue with a White low top. Seats, 119k, IMMACULATE condition. Carpet is still in the bed and in excellent shape the original seats have no stains, rips or cuts, not a ding dent or anything. Oh yeah and it is RUST FREE!!!! Asking price is $4995.

SVXdriver_007
07-03-2003, 09:22 PM
I don't know if it qualifies as "weird" but I wouldn't mind a VW Corrado in yellow another limited run car with very unique looks.

2 years ago I would say a TT but now too many other cars look like it so it isn't that unique anymore.

Subafreak
07-04-2003, 10:51 AM
If that BRATs as clean as you say, it might acctually be worth that price.

I would add the Corrado to my list too, but not as wired as just unique.

Earthworm
08-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by zamorush
DeLorean....... the car to buy. Alhtough, it is kind of expencive. Ebay range from $10,000 to $20,000, but still, love the look.

BTW, how rare are Deloreans?

nik Saw this one a while ago...the owner has turned down offers of $36,000 (USD) probably because it only has 7,000 original kilometers (about 4350 miles)

Subafreak
08-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Damn! what the hell did a Delorean go for new?

mikecg
08-10-2003, 01:43 PM
We got about 10 of those things running around the Base, but there Dihatsues. I think there are even a couple of parts vehicles around here.

Earthworm
09-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Subafreak
Damn! what the hell did a Delorean go for new? I think that one is worth much more now than it was when it was new.

marlettpat
09-20-2003, 10:59 PM
i want a 1988 rust free RX turbo.....hows that for a weird/rare car :)

Green1995SVX
09-20-2003, 11:01 PM
There's no such thing as a rust-free one. They only come with rust. :)

Mike

marlettpat
09-20-2003, 11:15 PM
ahhhh, ya gotta love standard options
Pat

BordeauxComet
09-21-2003, 10:36 AM
- 20B Mazda Cosmo
- '95 Toyota MR Spider
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage Zagato (same windows as SVX)
- Lotus Etna
- Y33 Nissan Cederic/Gloria
- The Oscar Meyer weiner mobile

SubaruPartsGirl
09-22-2003, 10:52 AM
DeLoreans are in fact not rare at all...

www.usadmc.com

You can buy one refurbished along with all the parts for them. You can also buy a Stage 1 kit that puts the horsepower up to about 190 instead of the stock 130.

[Edit - I thought they went for about 75k new? Shot in the dark...]

wawazat??
09-22-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
4) Corvair Monza Spyder (turbocharged)
5) Studebaker Avanti

If that list isn't far out enough, I don't know what is !

I've been thinking about transplanting an EG33 in to the back of a Corvair convertible ('65 or newer) for a long time. Nice power bump and convertibles are :cool:

I've alwas loved the Avanti. Still drool over them when I see one. I prefer the '63/early '64 with the round headlights and 4 speed.

Todd

Chicane
09-22-2003, 04:04 PM
My dad has a 55 Stude Speedster, PRESIDENT edition. Aluminum engine turned dash, leather, and lotsa stainless bits. Neat car. Low. Long. Narrow. Cooler looking than the avanti in my opinion.

Speaking of which, Ian Fleming's car of choice was the avanti, NOT the aston martin. He drove one for years. :)

- Rob

Seraph
09-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Delorean. They are ugly but they have nicedoors.

Oh and Bricklin. Another ugly car but rare as hell as well.http://www.bricklin.org/

L

Darksied-X
09-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Bricklin? Ugh, those things are ugly. Looks kinda like someone tried to put a fire out on a '70's Vette with a chainsaw, then took a $h!t on it. Plus, he's the guy responsible for unleashing the Yugo on the US, as well as the upcoming ZMW.

As much of an idiot this Bricklin guy is, every person on this website should respect him. The only smart thing he's ever done was introducing the Subaru to the US in '69.

As for a weird car I'd like to own, it'd be a black/gold '84 MSE Trans Am. They were built in AZ by Mecham Racing from '82-'84, the same guys that built the '70's Macho T/A. They had 405hp V8's, custom Talon suspension, and plexiglass t-tops, because the glass ones in the prototypes shattered in hard corners. The weird part is that this also my favorite body style of T/A, even though it is commonly the most looked down upon by F-Body enthusiasts.

calmone
09-22-2003, 07:04 PM
i like two french cars of the 30's, DELANGE and DELAHAE (all right, so i can't spell, kill me). after just selling my 86 aston martin lagonda (the best looking post war sedan ever) i soured on avanti's and bricklins, both of which looked o.k. but had real problems. the brivcklin especially (as in the doors not opening for a starter) and the general finish on avantis.

my h.s. pal had a corvair corsa, 4 carburators, a really nice machine.

now, a lamborgeni espada, well...............................

Ron Mummert
09-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Chicane
My dad has a 55 Stude Speedster, PRESIDENT edition. Aluminum engine turned dash, leather, and lotsa stainless bits. Neat car. Low. Long. Narrow. Cooler looking than the avanti in my opinion.

Speaking of which, Ian Fleming's car of choice was the avanti, NOT the aston martin. He drove one for years. :)

- Rob

I'll still take the original Lowey designed '53 Starlite coupe over the '55.
It may be the greatest design of all time. Nobody bought it.
Sound familiar?

Ron.

Subafreak
09-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Darksied-X
Bricklin? Ugh, those things are ugly. Looks kinda like someone tried to put a fire out on a '70's Vette with a chainsaw, then took a $h!t on it. Plus, he's the guy responsible for unleashing the Yugo on the US, as well as the upcoming ZMW.

As much of an idiot this Bricklin guy is, every person on this website should respect him. The only smart thing he's ever done was introducing the Subaru to the US in '69.

As for a weird car I'd like to own, it'd be a black/gold '84 MSE Trans Am. They were built in AZ by Mecham Racing from '82-'84, the same guys that built the '70's Macho T/A. They had 405hp V8's, custom Talon suspension, and plexiglass t-tops, because the glass ones in the prototypes shattered in hard corners. The weird part is that this also my favorite body style of T/A, even though it is commonly the most looked down upon by F-Body enthusiasts.

Maybe my enginering skills are as ascue as my spelling skills but, why not make the car not flex so much in the corners instead of getiing rid of the glass tops?

Seraph
09-22-2003, 11:53 PM

I guess I love ugly cars. :D

Hey now, there is nothing wrong with Yugos. They are great for... I can't think of one. Put it this way, I'd take a Yugo over Tartar mobile and I may even take a yugo over a Lada.

mikecg
09-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Seraph
Delorean. They are ugly but they have nicedoors.

Oh and Bricklin. Another ugly car but rare as hell as well.http://www.bricklin.org/

L

I just saw a lime green bricklin about 3 weeks ago. I was wondering what it was. Corse I think the owner was looking at my SVX thinking the same thing.

neon03
09-24-2003, 09:16 PM
1. Delorean
2. Merkur XR4TI
3. Alfa Romeo Milano
4. Merkur Scorpio
5. Renault Clio V6
6. MItsubishi Starion
7. Taurus SHO
8. Dodge Omni GLH-S
9. Ford Contour SVT

SvXit
09-25-2003, 05:29 PM
I'll actually be getting the other wierd car I've wanted for a while on Saturday; a green '98 Audi A8.

Alycone
09-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Another SVX of course!

And here's a web page saying a car I want is for sale:
http://www.mclaren4sale.com/main.html
Guess I better start checking under those couch cushions. :rolleyes:

I'd also like to get a Toyota Sera for my sister Sarah. :)

Earthworm
09-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Pagani Zonda

and

Koenigsegg

May not be weird cars but relatively weird names :)

I'll take both...and the McLaren.

SvXit
09-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Alycone
Another SVX of course!

And here's a web page saying a car I want is for sale:
http://www.mclaren4sale.com/main.html

Ummmm, well, yeah ... Put me down for one of those, too! :D But seriously, I can't believe that car's for sale. I know I had a few million laying around here somewhere ...

kayvon
09-27-2003, 11:43 PM
I always wanted a Pantera DeTomaso

Seraph
09-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Alycone
Another SVX of course!

I'd also like to get a Toyota Sera for my sister Sarah. :)

I too want the sister for SVX. Sera would be great. That's one cute car.

Come to think of it, I would like a V12 and the new Stang that is not out yet and the messanger while I am at it.

What's my total bill now?

Alycone
09-28-2003, 01:03 AM
Actually I just think my sister should drive a Sera, although I suppose my sister's car would be my car's sister.

rally
09-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT (will actually be picking one up in 2 weeks)

Subafreak
09-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Saw a Bently Arnage on the highway yesterday, it was being driven by an obviously weathey older lady with her weathey hunband riding shotgun. She was trying to find a way around the slower traffic in front of her (as was I) but at one point she acctually slowed down and fell back to get a better look at the car that was following along side her,(me) and then proceded to gun it back up and across two lanes where she thought she had an opening. In the end there was me, the Bently, a modifyed Mustang, and a stock Integra that where really battling to get around the slow traffic when we came up to a traffic merging,at witch point I saw a line across 4 lanes of traffic into the fast lane and went for it. I never saw anyone of thoes other cars again.:p

Seraph
09-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Saw a Bently Arnage on the highway yesterday

Those things are amazingly comfy inside. When I was living in the city, one of my neighbours own a Bently and a Benz S500. S500 was his daily driver and Bently was his weekend beauty. Once we just happened to talk about cars and we went out for a spin in the Bently. He even let me drive for a couple of blocks. Man was that a smooth ride. I'd be afraid to take it out on long trips in case I'd fall asleep.

Subafreak
09-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Yeah it looked like a big leather livingroom set inside. Kinda like the Sealy commercials. Thats why we don't make cars.

drivemusicnow
10-01-2003, 06:45 PM
I know that they aren't necisarily wierd but these are cars I WILL own at somepoint...

BMW 850CSi 1994
Porsche 928S4 1988
Super Seven (a go cart with A LOT bigger engine)
completely done SVX... (including supercharger, 6 speed, bored out, lightened strengthened internals.... THE WORKS)

somethings that i probably won't have...
ANY CAR, that puts OVER 1000 HP to all 4 wheels ( the bugatti Veyron is REALLY close) which is one badass car by the way
a street legal car, (i.e. neon, cavilier) completely rusted exterior, back trunk, and seats hide a chevy V8 the 6** cubic inch engine, connected through a 5 spd, to rear... with all the stock engine and drivetrain intact.... ULTIMATE SLEEPER CAR...

Subafreak
10-01-2003, 07:30 PM
The guy that lives across the street from where I work has an 85 pro-street cavalier. I don't know exactly what it has for an engine but it's some size V8 sounds really good, and if it wern't for the wheely bars and tubbed rear the thing would be the ultimit sleeper.

ww111
10-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Just a Mini-van in which to get groceries!!!

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1995@$Renault@$Espace%20F1%20Conceptg.html

Stakes are now raised. Keep your Zonda AND the Konigsegg, I'll lay waste to you with the Raw fury dog FRENCH MINI-VAN!

Faster 0-60 than my ZX-11

Collins

Andy
10-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Sorry, but no-where near my Honda

Porter
10-05-2003, 09:09 PM

Daaaamn straight! :D

Hmm, my list of cars...

Let's see...

1974 Subaru GL Coupe. Preferably with a built EJ22 turbo in it and an Impreza drivetrain. I figure it can be made to fit. ;)
http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/Literature/brochures/1974-d.jpg

BMW Z1. Love the doors.

Ford RS200.

Renault R5 Turbo II.

Citroen BX-4TC.

Lancia 037 (or road version Beta Monte Carlo).

DeTomaso Pantera.

Porsche 550 Speedster.

Built Mitsubishi Starion.

1994 SVX LSi ...oh wait, got that one already. :D :D ;)

Subafreak
10-06-2003, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Porter
[B]

Daaaamn straight! :D

Hmm, my list of cars...

Let's see...

1974 Subaru GL Coupe. Preferably with a built EJ22 turbo in it and an Impreza drivetrain. I figure it can be made to fit. ;)
http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/Literature/brochures/1974-d.jpg

I'v had the same idea, It's the closest thing Subaru ever made to a 70's looking mussel car. It looks like it should be RWD but it's a Subaru so it must be made AWD, Talk about a sleeper.:D
The only trick is to find one thats still solid enough.:confused:

Darksied-X
10-06-2003, 05:53 PM
I'v had the same idea, It's the closest thing Subaru ever made to a 70's looking mussel car. It looks like it should be RWD but it's a Subaru so it must be made AWD, Talk about a sleeper.:D
The only trick is to find one thats still solid enough.:confused:

Damn, I guess great minds really do think alike!:D

I saw a picture of a '75 or so GL coupe for the first time about 2 weeks ago. My first thought: Damn, that'd make a sweet muscle car. I don't agree with the AWD though. I say RWD with a ER27 from the XT6 shoe-horned in. Big motor + small RWD car = big smokey j-strips!:D

Like Porter said, I'd have to make it fit.;)

Guess that makes like 10 or so Subarus that I want to own, maybe more.:rolleyes:

01kickerlaidsvx
10-14-2003, 12:11 PM
then figure out how to legally an realisticly make it happen...I would love to have a mint condition 87" buick grand National....an 87'/88' gmc typhoon...the last european spec.vw corrado......a 93' svx lsl anniv.model....all so I can install a kiler custom stereo system worthy of a page in IMPORT TUNER or CAR AUDIO magazine !

milesmc214
10-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Heres mine:
I would keep my svx
I would have another svx in mint to keep all original.

97, BMW 850csi V12 6 speed.
late 80's early 90's BMW M3 5speed
'70 chevy chevelle SS with cowl induction
'66 Pontiac GTO, or '70 GTO Judge

Darksied-X
10-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 01kickerlaidsvx
then figure out how to legally an realisticly make it happen...I would love to have a mint condition 87" buick grand National....an 87'/88' gmc typhoon...the last european spec.vw corrado......a 93' svx lsl anniv.model....all so I can install a kiler custom stereo system worthy of a page in IMPORT TUNER or CAR AUDIO magazine !
Oooohhh...Grand National and Typhoon. Two of the fastest vehicles in their class in history. And also two of my personal favorites, although I do prefer the Syclone to the Typhoon. A little heads up though, the Typoon was built in '92-'93, not '87-'88.

01kickerlaidsvx
10-14-2003, 05:24 PM
I forgot to mention the 88' sterling 827 lsi from rover and the alpha romeo milano..I thought those manufacturers were no more but in germany they are strong and alpha romeo is coming stronger than ever with there new 18something but your right the 93' typhoon is what I was refurring to. I don't like pick-up's as useful an economical as they can be thats why I didn't mention the syclone not cause I forgot...

drivemusicnow
10-14-2003, 06:00 PM
The coolest new car design I've seen in a long time, is the Alfa Romeo, BRERA.... and guess who designed it??? the one and only Giuagaro... that is the COOLEST CAR EVAR

Earthworm
10-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Wasn't the Brera concept only?

Brera Pics (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=car.mv&num=1331)

drivemusicnow
10-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Yeah, they were really thinking that it might go to production but alfa romeo decided against it for some reason... that is the sweetest looking car, i like the roof window thing... damn pretty car, and supposedly rather sporting to drive also. says like automobile and auto week magazine

michael
10-16-2003, 09:36 PM
here is one of them, I think the svx needs some company

jimagoo
10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Alfa Brera is now the Chrysler Crossfire.

I actually own my other unusual car. It is a 1990 Chrysler TC by Maserati. 120,000 miles, Italian leather, removeable hardtop, Miysubishi v6, Chyrysler automatic. It runs grat, looks even better, and is perfect for weekend drives with the top down. Plus it has a trunk that can carry two sets of golf clubs and a couple of small suitcases!

I'd rather Subaru bring the SVX back with WRX Sti running gear. If they could do that and keep it around $25,000, I think that it would sell very well now.

jimagoo

drivemusicnow
10-22-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm almost positive that the Brera and crossfire are not related at all. first of all, concepts of them came out seperately and about the same time. second of all the Brera was designed be Giugiaro and the Crossfire by Chrysler. also they don't look anything alike. Also the drivetrains are completely different, and i don't know of any connection between Alfa Romeo and Mercedes or Chrysler. The crossfire is essentially a MB car with some Chrysler flair added on top.
I don't think Subaru could afford putting a $33k cars drivetrain in what was a $35k cars interior, with both attributes being the more expensive part of the car, and sell it for $25K...:rolleyes: but if they do, I'd sure as hell buy one:D

jimagoo
10-22-2003, 03:05 PM
I didn't mean to imply that they are the same car. I meant since Alfa Romeo didn't manufacture it, the Chrusler's Crossfire is very similar in appearance.

jimagoo

Darksied-X
10-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Actually, the Crossfire concept came before the Brera, by at least 2yrs. So, if anything, Giuagaro mocked the Crossfire's design, although I see no resemblence between the two.

As for the Brera, I seem to remember Motor Trend reporting that Alfa had changed their minds and green-lighted it a few months back. Although, it has been a while since I read MT, so I may be wrong.

SVX10
10-23-2003, 02:19 AM
I didn't read this whole thread...but I'm glad it's back. I thought of a couple trucks I wouldn't mind having. How'd I think of it...my neighbors own all of them

1952 Dodge Power Wagon
1949 White dump truck
1945 Dodge Town Wagon