PDA

View Full Version : Pearl & Black

LarryIII
08-13-2001, 10:19 AM
Hi Gang,

I'm interested in getting a second SVX to keep SUBYDOO" company. I'll probably buy in March '02. I'm looking only for a Pearl & Black, AWD with everything on it (IE: LSi or equal) in the latest model year that I can find. I believe that the pearl & black colors were only available in '92 & '94. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking for a model year '94 with under 100K miles but will accept a '92 if in very good condition (aux. tranny cooler, filer, etc.). I also want the paint job to be in good condition.
I would also like one with a rear spoiler.
I realize that what I want narrows the field quite a bit.
Actually, I really like a brand new one, but that's not possible.

If anyone can help please contact me.

Larry III

eddycat2000
08-13-2001, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Hi Gang,

I'm interested in getting a second SVX to keep SUBYDOO" company. I'll probably buy in March '02. I'm looking only for a Pearl & Black, AWD with everything on it (IE: LSi or equal) in the latest model year that I can find. I believe that the pearl & black colors were only available in '92 & '94. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking for a model year '94 with under 100K miles but will accept a '92 if in very good condition (aux. tranny cooler, filer, etc.). I also want the paint job to be in good condition.
I would also like one with a rear spoiler.
I realize that what I want narrows the field quite a bit.
Actually, I really like a brand new one, but that's not possible.

If anyone can help please contact me.

Larry III

Well, I can probably help when the time comes Larry. I still know a couple of the guys that are running the sales department at CDA Subaru. But when you are closer to buying time, remind me. I certainly wouldn't want them to find you a nice SVX and then hope they'd sit on it for a few months.;)

LarryIII
08-13-2001, 12:51 PM
Thanks Eddie,

If I get it thru you I'll certainly have you drive it, but you have to wear the blue bathrobe along with a white silk ascot, driving gloves and racing goggles. I can just picture it now.

Larry III
PS: I also picture Aredub starting to twitch uncontrollablyas he reads this. :D

Aredubjay
08-13-2001, 03:55 PM
Larry <twitch> I was toying <twitch, twitch> with the idea of flying <twitch> to El Paso, TX to check out a 94 P/W with 58K on it. <twitch> The guy may <twitch> still have it, if you <twitch, twitch, twitch> want his e-mail addy. <twitch, twitch, thump>

LarryIII
08-15-2001, 11:41 AM
I was just scrolling thru the Yahoo Classieds looking to narrow my search for a 1994 Pearl & black. I am amazed at how many 1998 SVXes are up for sale (he he). It looks like "Let the buyer beware" applies more now than ever before.
I did see a nice looking 1994 pearly in Hillsboro, OR.
But that's too long a drive back.
I also saw a picture of a 1992. The car is in a paint booth and the color is quoted as "SAAB Viggen Blue" I don't like it. Eddiecats' car is a much nicer shade of blue.

Larry III

eddycat2000
08-15-2001, 12:25 PM
Eddiecats' car is a much nicer shade of blue.

Larry III

Everyone, and I do mean everyone that see's my (wife's) SVX just loves the color. It is by far the prettiest blue I've ever seen on a car. I had a 1970 el camino that was a bit darker metallic blue that was awesome too, but not like the Laguna blue. I fell in love with it when I safety checked it at the dealership...never really appreciated the two tones or red, wouldn't own a black car, but I will admit the polo green is one sharp looking color too.

LarryIII
08-15-2001, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Everyone, and I do mean everyone that see's my (wife's) SVX just loves the color. It is by far the prettiest blue I've ever seen on a car. I had a 1970 el camino that was a bit darker metallic blue that was awesome too, but not like the Laguna blue. I fell in love with it when I safety checked it at the dealership...never really appreciated the two tones or red, wouldn't own a black car, but I will admit the polo green is one sharp looking color too.

Eddy,

I like the green too, but I have a mouth-watering lust for the white/black two-tone pearlies. My '97 LSi is one tone Bordeaux Pearl (burgundy). It's beautiful when all clean and shiny. I don't like the reds or the blacks or the claret & black two-tones. I don't care for the teals. however, I do like the silver ones and blue ones. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that's what makes the world go 'round.

Lary III

cocacola08
08-15-2001, 02:36 PM
I think the blue would have to be my fav.color

Jamsvx
08-26-2001, 06:53 AM
Yel.....yell.....yello

*messing with Randy's mind and compounding the twitching!*

James

OH...look carefully, I did not say the Y word!!!:D This will end up like where you get bad luck if you say Macbeth on stage!!

cryo230
09-06-2001, 01:15 PM
so I cant get a 95-97 pearl white svx? please tell me this is not true...

Aredubjay
09-06-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by cryo230
so I cant get a 95-97 pearl white svx? please tell me this is not true...

Sorry, Cryo. The only way you can have a 93, 95, 96 or 97, white SVX is to paint it.

LarryIII
09-06-2001, 02:10 PM
Cryo,

<<<<so I cant get a 95-97 pearl white svx? please tell me this is not true...>>>>

OK ... it's not true.

As far as I know the white mother of pearl with black roof and trunk lid paint scheme was only available is US of A models in 1992 & 1994 model years.

If anyone has different info than that please, please, please notify me quickly.

Larry III

LarryIII
09-09-2001, 08:31 AM
I finally found a '94 Pearly for sale.
In Yonkers NY of all places.

Larry III

SVXMAN2001
09-09-2001, 02:05 PM
LarryIII,
If that is the one I was looking at in yonkers, don't get it. It doesn't run, guy said the computer was fried or something, and If i wanted it I would be responsible for having it towed to my house. this all being if it is the same one I wsa looking at in yonkers. Good luck

chris

Aredubjay
09-09-2001, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
LarryIII,
If that is the one I was looking at in yonkers, don't get it. It doesn't run, guy said the computer was fried or something, and If i wanted it I would be responsible for having it towed to my house. this all being if it is the same one I wsa looking at in yonkers. Good luck

chris

I believe someone just offered a TCU from a 92 for sale (can't remember who). If it's a direct plug in (don't know since I only have th 92 manuals), buy the TCU, go pick up the car, plug it in (oh sorry, Larry), have someone plug it in :D, and drive the sucker home. :D

LarryIII
09-09-2001, 07:02 PM
Hey Aredub,

I didn't know that you got the optional cow catcher and possum pusher to go along with the gun rack. Neato! All you need are chenille seatcovers and you'll have a real hillbilly SVX.

Larry III

:D :D :D

Aredubjay
09-09-2001, 11:08 PM
Hey Aredub,

I didn't know that you got the optional cow catcher and possum pusher to go along with the gun rack. Neato! All you need are chenille seatcovers and you'll have a real hillbilly SVX.

Larry III
:D :D :D

Actually, I have genuine sheepskin seat covers. I believe that practically the entire barnyard should be represented in my car. Cows (leather seats), Sheep (seat covers) . . . perhaps I'll use some pigskin somewhere, someday. :D

LarryIII
09-10-2001, 06:56 AM
Randy,

Rumor has it that there will be a new, modern "Dukes of Hazzard" TV show. You might want to audition the "Hillbilly SVX" as the new "General Lee". :D

Larry III

LarryIII
09-10-2001, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
LarryIII,

chris

According to the add the car is in great shape. But the S/N is not listed and there is no picture, which makes me leery.
Thanks for your input. Can you fill me in further about theis car ?

Larry III

kastle
09-16-2001, 01:24 PM
Hey Larry, if your still looking for a white 92, send me an email. I might be able to work something out with you. I have a white 92 with only 74k miles on it that I might be selling.

Seraph
09-16-2001, 02:08 PM
Larry,

If I recall correctly, 94+ models are solid colours. 96+ have AWD on all SVX. Just to keep you informed.

Lwin

If you are looking for perl/black, you are looking at 92/3 I think