PDA

View Full Version : Throttle response problem, aggravated by climate control system

maximvsv
06-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Ever since I got my SVX, if I have the climate control in Auto or Defrost modes, and the system activates the air conditioning, I have a massive throttle response lag. Here's another twist to it...it is especially bad from (1) a standing start or (2) a sharp turn.

I have been reading about the "surge" symptoms threads ib Technical Q&A, and I don't think this is an aspect of the same thing (though I do get little surges when the car's idling in gear at stoplights and such).

When the climate control is off or on Vent, the lag is not gone, but is diminished to where it is no longer a danger to entering traffic areas.

Does anyone know if there is a way an impaired A/C compressor could schiz the throttle position sensor or a vacuum line in a way that would keep the throttle from opening even when the pedal is well and truly floored?

DavieGravy
06-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Dunno about your question but I have the same problem. What I have noticed is that more fumes tend to build up in my gas tank when I run with the ac on. The reason I know this is because I have a buzzing sound (in rear right corner of the car) from some hose leak where the fumes are seeping out where they shouldn't. This buzzing sound only occurs in hot weather, when the car's been run for a long time, and it's worse if I run the AC. The lag gets worse as the buzzing gets louder hence I might suggest we're having symptoms of vapor locking? Don't know if that's accurate but that's my ignorant take.