PDA

View Full Version : Which one should i get?

SVX26517
06-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Well I was at a car dealership today and this guy had 2 peugeots there that i was interested in. They were both 505's. One had a v6 and the other was a 4 cyl. turbo w/ intercooler. The v6 had high miles, but ran like a dream, the turbo smoked a little and didnt feel all that right. Now im just lookin for opinions on which one i should get. Just give some thoughts:D

CigarJohnny
06-26-2003, 04:52 PM
What are you doing buying a Peugeot??? You should be springing for an SVX.

Between those two choices I would trust your gut and go with the V6. But let me ask this...why a Peugeot? :confused: :D

SVX26517
06-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Im going to buy an SVX soon, once as i can find one for sale in the area. maybe in a year or so.

Uncamitzi
06-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by SVX26517
Well I was at a car dealership today and this guy had 2 peugeots there that i was interested in. They were both 505's. One had a v6 and the other was a 4 cyl. turbo w/ intercooler. The v6 had high miles, but ran like a dream, the turbo smoked a little and didnt feel all that right. Now im just lookin for opinions on which one i should get. Just give some thoughts:D

No contest...

get the svx!!!
;)

Bobb
06-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
What are you doing buying a Peugeot??? You should be springing for an SVX.

Between those two choices I would trust your gut and go with the V6. But let me ask this...why a Peugeot? :confused: :D

Hi Johnny, Maybe he is a Francophile. Take care, BOBB

fasteract
06-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Having owned a 505 turbo (1985 non intercooled) and STi V6, would opt for the V6, particularly since you already have the feeling the turbo is a problem...the turbo's had a nasty habit of breaking rings if you tried to up the boost or drove it hard for an extended time....would have bodacious blow-by, pressurize the crankcase and blow seals like no tomorrow. Lot to be said for 505's...a suspension which lasted forever and fairly light for a sedan. Particularly nice if all the accessories worked and has leather interior...stick tranny only..the automatic was problematic.

Also, the exterior paint/clearcoat had a tendency to deteriorate prematurely and plastic headlights would yellow after 5 years but overall, a good buy if you find one cheap and well maintained. Parts are still available and not overpriced for the most part except for ABS sensors, ECM, electronics

Craig

Motorsport-SVX
06-30-2003, 12:25 AM
guess if you lived in Europe a Peugot would be okay
you can at least find some one to work on it everytime
it needed it.
IMHO it wouldnt even be a question.........anything else
But the 505.........even a Saab would be better ;)

CigarJohnny
06-30-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Bobb

Hi Johnny, Maybe he is a Francophile. Take care, BOBB HAH! :)

benebob
06-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
[B]What are you doing buying a Peugeot??? You should be springing for an SVX.
/B]

I'm assuming you are getting an old 4 bolt pattern Subie and are just buying the Peu for the 14 or 15 inch wheels that will fit it so you can lift it and put mudder's on. Buy 4 wheels. Get a Peu!

Seriously go with the 6er. I never saw one smoking. All the 4 turbos I've viewed running were dirty little creatures!