PDA

View Full Version : Proud owner of a Turbo SVX

KEVINL
03-16-2001, 11:08 PM
I have the Forced AIR Technologies stage 2 SVX turbo kit installed on my car and have not had a single problem the car is really fast. I will run a 1/4 mile time A.S.A.P

Aredubjay
03-17-2001, 12:13 AM
Good show, Kevin. I look forward to seeing your times. Do us proud! :)

Chris
03-17-2001, 01:14 AM
Notice, I did not say Yah---- never mind. Anyways, I too would be interested to hear more as well. I hope to TWIN turbo this summer, should money and job permit.

Chris

Rev Hard
03-17-2001, 05:57 PM
Sounds fun Chris... hope it works out for you... If so I WANT ONE... but not till yuours is done.. :)

PAUL!

cdigerlando
03-21-2001, 07:41 PM
The turbo kit I installed is very close to the power steering line, and the line started to crack and leak. I ran a 3/8 inch swagelock steel braided line completly around the engine (36") from the pump to the connection. The location is great. But now when I run my car I hear a whining from the power steering at low speed. I was thinking that the pump may be overworking due to the reduction in line size and the increased distance (10 mm is about .39 inches wheras the 3/8 is .375 inches), may be causing the problem. The swagelock is teflon and steel braided. Good for heat and reduced expansion. The power steering works fine. The whine bothers me though. I'm thinking about buying the next size up (1/2") and seeing if that helps. It would cost another $100 bucks though. The pully was squeeking a little before I fixed the line. I don't know if that is the problem, but I don't see how this could be affecting the pump, unless it is just going. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Chuck

cdigerlando
03-21-2001, 07:48 PM
Kevin:

I also have the Stage 2 turbo kit. I am still having trouble going beyond 5000 rpm. The thing makes about 6 psi boost at that rpm, and I don't have enough fuel. The kit is great though. I have a lot more low end torque and the curve seems flatter. You are at 1 mile in altitude? I am at zero practically in FL. I think that is part of the problem. Darn thing just wants to make lots of boost. I will keep you posted on fuel mods and intercooler design. I will wait until we do the bumpers to do the intercooler. Then its a beefier fuel system, injectors and management. I still have not decided what type of management to do yet. Tell Robert to keep me posted regarding any future managment modifications he may develop. What else did you do besides the turbo? Did you do the fuel pressure regulator? Did you do an oil cooler? Let me know. How much boost are you running?

Chuck

kastle
03-21-2001, 09:54 PM
Just so everyone knows and we are all clear here, KevinL has my old turbo. None of the problems either which further proves it was the ECU on my car.

KEVINL
03-21-2001, 11:00 PM
I haven't done any fuel management mods. I show no sign of needing them either. I havent got an oil cooler yet. The car has been down to about 1700 feet and I was told ran really well at that altitude. Thats odd your power steering line did that. Robert has told me about the overboosting problem on your car

Rev Hard
03-21-2001, 11:06 PM
Good to hear about the turbo mods guys keep it up! And i hope you all work out your individual problems...

PAUL!

cdigerlando
03-22-2001, 07:33 PM
Kevin:

How much boost are you running? What is the max RPM you have run the car?

By the way, just picked up my WRX tonigh. Sweet.

Chuck

KEVINL
03-22-2001, 07:43 PM
How is the wrx although I don't care for the styling I can't help but drool.

I'm running 5 Psi of boost

Iv'e only run it up to 6500RPM

cdigerlando
03-24-2001, 07:50 AM
If you are running 5 psi of boost, that is like 2.75 psi boost at sea level. I am at sea level, and my svx hits about 6 psi boost at 5000 rpm, and the detonation sensors kick in due to a lean fuel mixture. more mods are needed to run at all altitudes, and it seems like Robert it not interested in doing any more work on the kit, so I guess its up to me to resolve this problem.

The WRX looks a lot better in person. I have had many positive comments. As far as performance, the handleing is superior. I have not taken it over 3000 rpms due to break in, but it wants to go.

Chuck