PDA

View Full Version : Security system wire chart

mohrds
08-11-2001, 09:28 PM
I found this wire chart when I was cleaning connections under the dash. If you look at the second from the left on the top row, it says "rcv antenna" It is connected to a heavy gauge blue wire with a red stripe. I was also cleaning out the trunk and noticed that the passenger side defroster wire is also a heavy gauge blue wire with a red stripe.

Just to be curious, I removed the alarm module and dissected it. The RCV antenna connector does not connect anywhere on the circuit board. The small metal wire that acts as an antenna appeared to have been added on after the case was designed.

Was the original design of the alarm to use the defroster grid as an antenna? If so, I wonder why it would have been abandoned and replaced with that little useless stub? I replaced my stub with a double length piece of 20 Gauge wire and the alarm seems to work better. I can lock and unlock it from in the house now.

Doug

kvnobrien
08-21-2001, 02:43 PM
Awesome, I think you've helped me fix my alarm!
Thanks Doug!

micah
08-28-2001, 06:24 AM
Kevin, do / did you have the dreaded "Solid on security light / keyless doesn't work" problem? If so, any leads on a fix?

TIA,
mbs

kvnobrien
08-28-2001, 07:06 AM
I haven't been able to work on anything. I've been real busy lately and haven't had time to look at it. I have a pair of infinity Kappa speakers to install for about 2 weeks still sitting in the box.