PDA

View Full Version : foglights

249SVX
08-06-2001, 11:37 PM
Ok, you know how on a Camaro you can have the fog lihts on with the parking lights, and then when the high beams go on they turn off? How can I make mine do this?

eddycat2000
08-07-2001, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by 249SVX
Ok, you know how on a Camaro you can have the fog lihts on with the parking lights, and then when the high beams go on they turn off? How can I make mine do this?

Those aren't the fog lights, they are the DRLs, (daytime running lights). Your fog lights should go off with the high beams, that's federal law last I heard.

249SVX
08-07-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Those aren't the fog lights, they are the DRLs, (daytime running lights). Your fog lights should go off with the high beams, that's federal law last I heard.

No, I'm not talking about those annoying DRLs. I mean the foglights. My 95 Camaro had them and I could turn them on with the parking lights. My friends 90 Firebird has them, he can do the same thing. DRLs were ok when they first started, but now everyone has them, and now they are being ignored. Besides, the new Camaro and Firebird have ultra bright amber parking lights that do the same thing as DRLs now, which is a lot nicer than seeing headlights on during the day:)

mohrds
08-07-2001, 03:19 PM
It's a simple mod, really

Find (hardest part) and remove the relay for the fogs, put one side of the coil on the + of the parking lights, put the other on the + of the High beams. When the Highs are off, power will flow from the parking lights, through the relay and be grounded across the filimant of the High bulb.

The fogs will be on whenever the parking or parking+lows are on and always off when the highs are on. The one exception is the flash to pass with parking lights off, that will also light up the fogs, but most people wouldn't mind that.

Doug

249SVX
08-07-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by mohrds
It's a simple mod, really

Find (hardest part) and remove the relay for the fogs, put one side of the coil on the + of the parking lights, put the other on the + of the High beams. When the Highs are off, power will flow from the parking lights, through the relay and be grounded across the filimant of the High bulb.

The fogs will be on whenever the parking or parking+lows are on and always off when the highs are on. The one exception is the flash to pass with parking lights off, that will also light up the fogs, but most people wouldn't mind that.

Doug

Ok, thanks, I think I see what you mean. I'll try it tomorrow if it isn't too hot out.

mohrds
08-08-2001, 06:41 AM
You may want to just add a new relay and ignore the factory harness to avoid a lot of wire cutting.

Doug

249SVX
08-08-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by mohrds
You may want to just add a new relay and ignore the factory harness to avoid a lot of wire cutting.

Doug

Hehe, heck, I can't find the old relay.:)