PDA

View Full Version : Beware eBayer "jaredn18"

Zeppelin
05-23-2003, 12:55 PM
I won an auction for an alternator 2 weeks ago from this jaredn18. Paypal'd him the money, said would ship it out on 5/13. I said ok. Earlier this week, I emailed him wondering where my alternator was, said he didn't have the money to ship it and had to wait for the money I paypal'd to clear. WHAT??? That did not make me happy, then today I get the part. HE SENT ME A POWER STEERING PUMP. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If this person is a member here, I'm very angry, and this better get resolved quite fast...

Everybody, beware this eBayer, unless you want to wait forever and get a wrong part!! :mad:

hotshoe50
05-23-2003, 03:50 PM
I don't know whether this applies but paypal $$$$ can come from two sources:

1) From your checking account: must clear and may take 3-7 business days (sometimes longer)depending on the bank that you use.
personally: I hate this way!!!

2) Paypal debited from a credit card: if you or your sender has room the payment is instantaneous!!!!!
BY FAR THE BEST AND YOU SHOULD INSIST ON THIS WAY!!!

Which did you use by the way???

Hotshoe

Zeppelin
05-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Credit card.. He also said that PayPal charged him $2.59 to accept a credit card payment, which I didn't believe..

Green1995SVX
05-23-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Zeppelin
Credit card.. He also said that PayPal charged him $2.59 to accept a credit card payment, which I didn't believe..

That's correct. PayPal charges the seller a service fee in order to receive the money.

Mike

Zeppelin
05-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

That's correct. PayPal charges the seller a service fee in order to receive the money.

Mike

Is that just for credit card payments, or both checking and cc? I paypal'd him the extra 2.59 by checking acct..

kuoh
05-23-2003, 04:50 PM
According to EBay rules, seller charges are the sole responsibility of the seller. He should've charged more for S&H if he wanted to offset Paypal charges instead of asking for additional money afterwards. As for shipping you the incorrect part, he should definitely make good on your original purchase immediately, or else you should file complaints with EBay and PP.

KuoH

JLittell
05-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Mark, File A Claim through Ebay. You also can get his contact info through Ebay (Phone #, Address, etc..) Ebay will harass him emails until he gets it right. Does the seller have any negative feedback?

Zeppelin
05-23-2003, 09:08 PM
I have his address.. I can get his phone # thru there.. I'll give him a day to reply to my email, then I'll probably come unglued. We'll see :rolleyes:

-OR-

Anybody want to trade a PS pump and reservoir for an alternator, or buy one for $80? ;)

Zeppelin
05-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Update-

FINALLY received an email from Jared today after threatening legal action that stated: "He's got your alternator... why don't you just trade with him." Still not happy, if the guy who won the PS pump auction on ebay from Jared is a member here, feel free to give your side of the story here too.... Jared isn't doing anything to remedy the situation, so here's his info:

Jared Neiferd
310 Sylvia Street
West Lafayette, IN 47906

This is a warning to anybody that does a transaction with eBay ID "jaredn18" after almost a month, this still hasn't been resolved! DO NOT buy from this guy!

JLittell
06-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Should we mail him a bag of dog goodies???:eek: