PDA

View Full Version : August 2003 meet

TonyShaleUK
05-23-2003, 01:37 AM
Quick update,

Joe has kindly dug out the e-mail addresses from last year, so I will do an APB over the weekend. We really need to start suggesting dates so that we can get some commitment to venues.

I am in the UK for a few days over the next week, so will start getting events lined up seriously.

So far I have had responses from 2 of 8 venues that I have e-mailed.

The Motor Heritage Centre - they will host a meet in front of their excellent museum any weekend. Loads of good exhibits, Land Rover test tracks, childrens entertainment, go carts etc. I have the paperwork - £6 per person includes parking up as a group (£2 discount on normal entry). www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk
for your info

The Town and Country Festival - this is an August Bank Holiday family event. Huge showground in the countryside near Stratford. This is a great day out - furniture, outdoor pursuits, craft and clothes stores, grand ring for events, lots of car clubs attend, food halls etc. You name it, it's there. First contact says that they provide a cordoned off area for cars to park up as an 'exhibit' and this is free of charge. I will contact again to see whether they have space available. I'll get the email address so that you can see this.

So, over to you - get those dates coming in - either on this forum or on my e-mail - and preferences for the events. I will get some more venue possibilities over the next few days and keep you 'posted' - groan!

Tony

TonyShaleUK
05-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Been to Kenilworth Castle. Met the manager. He will let us into the castle for a shoot, subject to no other event being on at the time. I expect that we will have to pay an entrance fee, but that will give us access to the castle anyway - and it is a good one to look around, including the gardens.

Just need to agree the dates now, so get your preferences in soon......

TonyShaleUK
06-02-2003, 06:44 AM
I have venues available for a Sat and Sun meet, but no one seemingly interested! I've had 3 response, can make August, 1 can't. Need to get dates in diaries if we want the venues available.

Andy
06-02-2003, 07:30 AM
I take it that you have me as a 'yes'?

Phil Hill
06-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey guys and gals

If I am back in the UK I'll be there, and if I'm not I guess Angie will be there on her own.

Either of the locations, any of the dates. Keep us posted.

Phil.

b3lha
06-03-2003, 02:11 AM
We passed your area on the M40 at the weekend and saw the signs for the castle and the motor museum. It's only about an hour away from us.

P&B.

TonyShaleUK
06-08-2003, 03:51 AM
Latest update - we have had 7 responses so far. I have e-mailed everyone from last year and the meet is also being publicised on the Yahoo site. These are the attendees to date:

Me
Phil & Belha
Phil & Angie
Andy & entourage
Arthur Monks
Joe (possible)

Most can make any weekend.

I will be away again this week, but will look to finalise dates and venues next weekend. I think that we should avoid August Bank Holiday, as this is always a nightmare for travelling.

I am aiming to set up both the Heritage Museum and Kenilworth Castle as the 2 key venues. How about a Thai restaurant in Stratford that is on the edge of the River Avon - very nice place, great food etc - for the Saturday evening get together?

Can you prompt anyone else that you meet/mail etc to respond either to the websites or my email address.

Andy
06-08-2003, 04:36 AM
CHRISSVXUK has told me that he hopes to join us too.

Looks like we should have good numbers for our meet.

Due to my travelling constraints, I would appreciate any advice on accomodation in the area. Holiday parks etc prefered as we will have the sprogs to entertain for a couple of weeks