PDA

View Full Version : Where is everybody?

svxxx26
03-16-2001, 07:50 AM
Great G.O. last night - maybe everybody is sleeping it off? Too many chicken nuggets? :)

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 08:06 AM
The G.O. Was at 8 PM, not 8 AM, Jerry.

svxxx26
03-16-2001, 08:20 AM
Aredub, you shouldn't have turned in so early! You missed a good one!

(everybody knows the REAL party starts after the "official" party ends ;) )

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 08:24 AM
I was partying 'til almost 1 a.m. with some knuckleheads that hung around: eddycat, akuma, kozycat/pup, vidar, wasions, blonde_man, and a bunch of newbies (sorry, I can't remember all the names). It was a freakin' GREAT time. Even eddie and blonde_man got along. Blonde_man offered to pick eddy up on his scooter! I just about peed my pants. So, if it's any indication of how things WILL be, then ------ LET'S PARTY!

svxxx26
03-16-2001, 08:50 AM
<<I just about peed my pants. So, if it's any indication of how things WILL be, then ------ LET'S PARTY!>>

Oh yeah, sounds like you hit the same one I was at!

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 08:54 AM
Yep, I forgot to mention you on my list of "knuckleheads." It WAS a good time. The rest of the family will be out of town tonight, I'll be able to have the computer for as long as I want! Yah. . . uh . . . Yippee! :)

svxter
03-16-2001, 10:45 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

svxxx26
03-16-2001, 11:11 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rev Hard
03-16-2001, 11:20 AM
;);););););););)
nuff said
PAUL!

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 12:39 PM
Crazy, no. We're merely "stuffedshirtically challenged." Oh . . . would you mind undoing that bucklel on the leather strap in the middle of my back -- my arms are going to sleep . . . and . . . oh, never mind, if you can get that one, I'll get the crotch strap myself. Thanks. :D

svxxx26
03-16-2001, 12:46 PM
Careful, don't want bruise the tater!

nubs
03-16-2001, 03:22 PM
I wanted to hang out with you guys last night but I was my wifes birthday. I am sure you can figure out why I could not. :( :( :( :(

Rev Hard
03-16-2001, 03:27 PM
We forgive you.

that being said... DONT, Let it happen again!!!

;)

PAUL!

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 03:43 PM
Mike, looks like Colin (montypython) and I will have to give you some lessons. Mine and Colin's wives birthdays are on the same day. Last year, on our wives birthdays, we were convoying up the interstate on our way to the VT SVX meet. Irene (Colin's wife) was kind enough to share a piece of her birtday cake, which her daughter had baked and sent with her, with Shari and I. Now THAT'S how to celebrate your wife's birthday! Priorities, man, it's all about priorities! :D

joeaux
03-16-2001, 03:47 PM
Gotta admit, it was great! I wussed out about 0100. Just had some things to take care of before beddie-bye at about 0330. Did amy ever get any damn nuggets?
-joe-

joeaux
03-16-2001, 03:51 PM
Bill,
Captain Beefheart? Man you ever heard the Capt. Beefheart/Frank Zappa album "Bongo Fury"? Awesome. One of the truely best R&R albums of all time. When you hear Frank break down and do the guitar solo at the end of Muffin Man. Oh my god. It send chills up my spine just thinking about it! Oh, and what's with the map of Texas? Man get with the program. Put a picture of you car up there. That Texas thing must be embarrasing. ;)

svxter
03-17-2001, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by joeaux
Bill,
Captain Beefheart? Man you ever heard the Capt. Beefheart/Frank Zappa album "Bongo Fury"? Awesome. One of the truely best R&R albums of all time. When you hear Frank break down and do the guitar solo at the end of Muffin Man. Oh my god. It send chills up my spine just thinking about it! Oh, and what's with the map of Texas? Man get with the program. Put a picture of you car up there. That Texas thing must be embarrasing. ;)

Yep, I've got an extensive collection of Beefheart stuff - I think I have all of his domestic albums, plus a few imports, plus some other stuff. One of the few truly unique musicians to appear on the pop/rock scene in the latter half of the 20th century. Most people have never heard of him, but check out how many musicians have been heavily influenced by him. I've just started listening to Howling Wolf, and I realize where Van Vliet got his singing style. Got to meet him (DVV) once, have an autgraphed piece of his art work.

Yes, Bong Fury has Muffin Man, which is a great cut. I've got a vinyl of it. Recorded at the now extinct Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin.

Hey, you dissing my home state? I'm only embarrassed when I think of some of the recent crop of politicians it has produced. :o Besides, I don't have a picture of my car. :(

joeaux
03-17-2001, 12:28 PM
Not messing with your state. Just LOVE to tease Texans. Some get real irrate. That just makes me dig deeper. I've got a good friend who is a Texan (don't ask me to admit it again). He's an engineer at a nuke plant.
-joe-

svxter
03-17-2001, 06:22 PM
Nah, if the teasing is in good fun, I can tease back just as hard. If it's mean-spirited, I try to just walk away. Besides, someone who knows something about the good Captain, and it a MAC fan can't be at all bad. :)

Don't think it's likely I'll go back there and live, but I do miss the barbecue, Tex-Mex food & culture, and a lot of other things.