PDA

View Full Version : Non SVX question...

SVX JAZZ
05-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Forgive me for asking this but there are no sites available for my old truck. I have an 86 1/2 Nissan 4x4 (V6). It has the old style fuel injection, looks like a carburetor. I have noticed it runs less rich and a little more peppy without the air cleaner setup (I had to take it off to fix a leaky heater hose). Any ideas on some performance mods especially around the intake. I plan on a new exhaust with higher flow converter (not much left of old rotted exhaust!) I could do like some of the red necks and put a big chrome air cleaner on it, but then there's allot of little hoses that would be left disconected. I don't know much about old fuel injection setups. Thanks again for letting me post about my old junk pickup.

knight'92
05-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Sorry... I have no idea... maybe someone here can help ya

svx_commuter
05-09-2003, 02:54 PM
So it isn't that it doesn't run or you need help fixing it? You get better performance without the air cleaner. Right? Are you sure about that or is it just louder? Try to find a racing air filter, knfilters.com. If you want it go real fast you need new larger injectors, new higher flow exhaust and a turbo. :D