PDA

View Full Version : what model do I have?

249SVX
03-15-2001, 11:42 PM
Hello, i have a question about my 92 SVX. It's AWD, has leather interior, cruise, power seat, window,mirrors(which are heated), doorlock, moonroof, antenae(i guess they all have that though). It has the factory radio and cd player(works awesome!!). it also has ABS.
Which package do I have?

thanks

wasions
03-15-2001, 11:56 PM
If they went back that far.

Steve

nubs
03-16-2001, 03:06 AM
Hi 249SVX, your 92 is probably an lsl like mine,I see you live in Lebanon Pa, so do I, lets hook up sometime.Did you just get your SVX? I see a few of them around here every once in a while.

Mike

svxxx26
03-16-2001, 06:44 AM
From your description, you have an LS-L.

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 08:18 AM
Confirmed. LS-L. Which indicates the "Touring Package." The absolute "tells" (among others) are the CD player and Moonroof -- also, some things you did not mention: The leather wrapped steering wheel and e-brake lever.

joeaux
03-16-2001, 03:59 PM
Look under the right hand seat. If there is a tray (or if the tray is missing, the track for it) it's definitely an LS-L. Means it has the "Touring Package". Later models were called LSi (leather, sunroof, tray, steering is different among other things).
-joe-

Rev Hard
03-16-2001, 04:11 PM
Glad i got in early on the LS-L ...

Know the reason for the name change?

PAUL!

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 04:16 PM
No, tell us, oh wise one. But, if eddycat joins us, be ready to produce some documentation. :)

Rev Hard
03-16-2001, 04:26 PM
That was a question. as in "Does anyone know" ok?

PAUL!

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 06:08 PM
Oh, I thought you were playing Alex Travek and asking, like, a Jeopardy question. No - I dunno -- Joeaux?

joeaux
03-17-2001, 12:45 PM
Well Subaru went through a name changing scheme around this time. Originally most cars had just a letter/number designator (i.e. L, GL, GL-10, etc). Some special cars had a kind of name (in the U.S.) (i.e. I had an XT GL-10 TurboTraction). SVX always had some sort of letter designator to go with it's name. In Japan the original cars were an "E" and "L" model. That's it. More were added later (i.e. S4). In this country they were called LS, LSl (that's a little ell). Whenever you got all the 'goodies' (sunroof, leather, right seat tray, speed sensitive steering, etc), it was called an SVX whatever (LS or LSl) with the "Touring Package". Later Subaru just got tired of all the different setups you could get with the car and made only a couple of models. An LSi (which is what I've got) is bascially SVX with everything you could get. The only options were the wheel locks and the oil sump heater. Everything else was standard on mine (sunroof, leather everything, tray, speed sensitive steering, etc). There is a LOT of debate on all of this. Since there is no one authority on all this you've just got to take all the info and put it together.
-joe-

joeaux
03-17-2001, 12:48 PM
As an addendum to that last post of mine. I've had Subaru cars since 1985. Been through many different models (XT, XT GL-10 TurboTraction, 2 Loyale wagons, Legacy, SVX and one of these days WRX). I went through the darn name changing times. It was strange. If you look closely at wagons you see, an 89 GL-10 wagon will have the word "Subaru" in white in the black trim on the side and the "GL-10" in chrome on the back. If you look at a '91 it'll have "Loyale" in white in the black trim on the side and something (a name or number or both) on the back. It was a pain.
-joe-

249SVX
03-17-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by nubsjr
Hi 249SVX, your 92 is probably an lsl like mine,I see you live in Lebanon Pa, so do I, lets hook up sometime.Did you just get your SVX? I see a few of them around here every once in a while.

Mike

I got mine in August of last year and promptly put 2 trannies in it.:) The only thing it needs now is rear brakes and a cat. I think I might have seen your car at the Waypoint bank at the LVM. A woman was driving it . I work second shift so it will have to be a weekend sometime. Or, maybe we'll catch each other hunting Honda's:)j/k

I read the other replies, and yes I have the tray under the seat. This is the coolest car I've owned since my Galant VR4. Now, if only I could find some way of getting a manual tranny stuffed in it.;)

tober76b
03-21-2001, 12:13 AM
<< Look under the right hand seat. If there is a tray (or if the tray is missing, the track for it) it's definitely an LS-L. >>

i've got the tray and the spoiler, but don't have the full leather seats, heated seats/mirrors, or sunroof AND don't think i have the speed sensitive steering.

i'm guessing i have a '92 pearl/black LS (with tray added)
toby

LarryIII
03-21-2001, 05:41 AM
I believe you have an LS-L with the touring package. I do not have a '92 so I don't know for sure.

Larry III

tober76b
03-21-2001, 11:42 AM
is there anyway to tell by the VIN#?
toby

Aredubjay
03-21-2001, 12:08 PM
Yes, there is. In fact, if you do a search in the Yahoo database, you'll find that several posts were made in this regard. Sorry we didn't think of it sooner.

joeaux
03-21-2001, 01:03 PM
Like I said, this is exactly why Subaru went to the LSi model. Back in the 'early' days, you could get the touring package and not leather or just leather or just this and that or whatever. I think they finally just decided not make a bunch of different options. One fully loaded and another that wasn't. Minimal options.
-joe-

Rev Hard
03-22-2001, 12:43 PM
for the info on the names..

but i definitely have one of those LSL thingies.. Leather,heated mirrors, cd, sunroof, tray, SS/steering, all the good stuff.

But on a side note i have no spoiler..... :(

PAUL!

joeaux
03-22-2001, 06:11 PM
Yep, loaded. Sounds like it has the Touring Package and the available options.
-joe-

Rev Hard
03-22-2001, 06:13 PM
Sure is... Tour/Pack and all the opt.'s

Damn i need a wing though........

PAUL!

Aredubjay
03-22-2001, 11:13 PM
Paul . . . (snicker) . . . guess what . . . (snicker) . . . my car has a wing. Bwahahahaha (I love causing a good case of "wing envy.") :D

svxter
03-23-2001, 06:22 AM
.....we're going to do the wing-dang-doodle all night long....

(with apologies to Howling Wolf and others)

svxxx26
03-23-2001, 07:02 AM
Paul, just to let you know: I've got a wing too! Always have had a wing . . . can't imagine being "wingless". Say, if you like, I could send you a picture of it . . . :D