PDA

View Full Version : Any actors here?

WestCoastSVX
05-01-2003, 11:08 AM
hmmmmmm Let's see, what am I looking for today? OH! I know, how about some good actors! :D Kinda an important element to a good movie, eh?

In the past, it has just been my friends and I and anyone else we can dig up for scenes. Usually the main characters are played by those of us directing and producing the 'movies' because we are the most available obviously. But most of us aren't very good. :(

We may end up doing business as usual this time, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask anyway. Anyone here consider themselves to be a decent actor? Or do you know any struggling actors that would be willing to work for free?

Of course beyond that there is always a need for extras and minor parts so anyone interested in that, acting skills or not, is welcome to volunteer.:cool:

For instance Alycone, you mentioned some cadets may be interested, or if you want to wear your EMT garb and apply first aid to a victim, etc, etc......

Aredubjay
05-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Dangit! I finally get my big break and it's too far to drive. :mad:

Resume:
First stage appearance at 5 years old

Roles:
Curly: Oklahoma
Paul: Barefoot in the Park
Captain Lesgate: Dial "M" for Murder
Ensemble: The Merry Widow
Pseudolus: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Harold Hill: The Music Man
Tevye: Fiddler on the Roof

Various and sundry other roles in small grade school, high school and community theater productions and various on-camera roles in commercials and training videos.

seasvx
05-01-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay
...and it's too far to drive. whadyamean "too far too drive"? both those things with the funny windows got wheels on 'em! climb in & c'mon out west!

WestCoastSVX
05-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Impressive resume Randy! Not sure if this would be considered your 'big break' or a step backward, but either way we'd love to have you. Too bad we don't have a budget, or we'd fly you out here for a screen test and then if you took a role we'd fly you back out, pay for lodging, etc, etc. Oh did I mention we don't have that budget though. Sorry. :(

WestCoastSVX
05-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Jim, since you posted in this thread and you're local, you are automatically volunteered. :D :D

If acting is not your thing, I will place you as "Man gassing up SVX at truck stop #1". :)

ensteele
05-01-2003, 04:16 PM
Troy, I am struggling, and have been known to have gas a time or two, but not an actor. :D :D

Alycone
05-01-2003, 08:18 PM
I'm rather shy in front of cameras, but Su (my car) would love to be an extra. I'd be interested if I don't have to talk. Aside from faking illness for medical training, I'm not much of an actor. If you do want medical/EMT folks, I know a few who'd like to see themselves on film. Also, I have a reasonable talent for moulage, I've fooled other EMTs, who didn't consider the fact that a real patient probably wouldn't be hanging out in their breakroom.

Aredubjay
05-02-2003, 08:19 AM
I think Earl would make a great Sheriff. :D

WestCoastSVX
05-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Alycone
I'm rather shy in front of cameras, but Su (my car) would love to be an extra. I'd be interested if I don't have to talk. Aside from faking illness for medical training, I'm not much of an actor. If you do want medical/EMT folks, I know a few who'd like to see themselves on film. Also, I have a reasonable talent for moulage, I've fooled other EMTs, who didn't consider the fact that a real patient probably wouldn't be hanging out in their breakroom.

Excellent! As I said in the other thread, it would be great to have some EMTs and whatever EMT/cop gear they can smuggle to the set. :D I'm sure if they are aspiring actors we can get some speaking parts for them, and those that are more shy can be background extras... or d.b.'s :eek:

WestCoastSVX
05-02-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay
I think Earl would make a great Sheriff. :D

:) I was thinking that too! Actually the other day when he said he used to be a fire chief I could totally visualize it instantly. :)

Earl's cool. :cool: