PDA

View Full Version : CE Light

sk8ing19
07-29-2001, 03:11 PM
Some help please. Okay so my CE light keeps coming on. I tried to check the code but when I turn the car on the CE light dose not flash like the thread that Lwin wrote said it would. Has any one else had this problem with a 94 LS? I could really use some help on this one.:confused:

Seraph
07-29-2001, 06:33 PM
CE light doesn't blink to indicate a problem, it blinks when you do a "d" check. If it sees a problem it will come on steady.

Do a search on how to do the d check.

Lwin

Aredubjay
07-29-2001, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Seraphim
CE light doesn't blink to indicate a problem, it blinks when you do a "d" check. If it sees a problem it will come on steady.

Do a search on how to do the d check.

Lwin

"D" check is for the Dealer. "U" check is for self diagnosis. D Check would require a select monitor.

More than likely, once you've translated the codes, you'll find you've got a bad oxygen sensor. It's a common problem.

sk8ing19
07-30-2001, 12:51 AM
Thanks guys will do that on my next day off.

eddycat2000
07-30-2001, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

"D" check is for the Dealer. "U" check is for self diagnosis. D Check would require a select monitor.

More than likely, once you've translated the codes, you'll find you've got a bad oxygen sensor. It's a common problem.

Aredub, re-read your manual. Tsk, Tsk, normally you give such good advice.;)

Aredubjay
07-30-2001, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Aredub, re-read your manual. Tsk, Tsk, normally you give such good advice.;)

Sorry, didn't mean to misinform, but, according the manual for the ‘92, our "self diagnosis" mode is called "U-Check." That's opposed to the "Read Memory," "D-Check" and "Clear Memory" modes used by the dealer.

eddycat2000
07-30-2001, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Sorry, didn't mean to misinform, but, according the manual for the ‘92, our "self diagnosis" mode is called "U-Check." That's opposed to the "Read Memory," "D-Check" and "Clear Memory" modes used by the dealer.

"U" check is when you're driving along and the CE light comes on, alerting the user of the car that there is a problem. "D" check is the diagnostic part, and can be performed with or without the select monitor. That's how you guys are pulling up codes without one, the pin in the connector thing is what I'm referring to. But you'd know more about that than I would, I always had access to a select monitor.

As far as suggesting that he probably had a bad O2 sensor...when mine was coming on, it was the knock sensor.