PDA

View Full Version : So I finally got my SVX, but found some problems...

StaceyVX
04-20-2003, 08:34 PM
I posted this in another forum, but thought I'd put it here, too. Sorry if you read this twice.

If anyone could please help me, I'd really appreciate it. Bear with me because I'm probably going to be horrible at describing the things I found:

1. a buzz sound when the RPM hits the line before the 2...It only happens at this point.

2. a squeaking sound while driving...sounds like when you scrape your sneakers on a school floor.

3. a sound under the car that sounds like something metal is dragging on the ground and about to fall.

I'm sorry...I'll try and be more specific if anyone replies, but I lack technical knowledge. Any suggestions are appreciated. (Didn't hear any of these things yesterday when I test drove it.)

Seraph
04-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Stacey,

First off, Congrets!!!

There is a good chance that I am going to be wrong with some of the replies here.

<<
1. a buzz sound when the RPM hits the line before the 2...It only happens at this point.
>>
I will buy you a drink if I am wrong with this one. It is your resonator. Go to a muffler shop and chop it off and put a straight pipe. The sound will go away. Period

<<
2. a squeaking sound while driving...sounds like when you scrape your sneakers on a school floor.
>>
This one, I am not too sure about... Could be the brakes just doing their thing. Is it still doing it?

<<
3. a sound under the car that sounds like something metal is dragging on the ground and about to fall.
>>
Could be bearings but could be the heat shield as well. I have to be in the car to tell you more.

StaceyVX
04-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Lwin, how much would it cost to chop the resonator and put in a straight pipe?

The squeaking while driving is constant...not hitting the brakes...Just flat out driving. He was only driving like 5 mph when I heard it...Didn't make him drive any faster and didn't ever hear it while I was driving.

How could I check to see if the bearings are causing the dragging metal sound? How could I see if it was the heatshield?

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Seraph
04-20-2003, 09:50 PM
The straight pipe mod cost me 30 bucks at a local shop.