PDA

View Full Version : Post-Meet Reflection Meeting (4/15)

Green1995SVX
04-14-2003, 10:07 AM
to Mike and Ben and anyone else that would like to join us, we're having a dinner meet tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. Any suggestions as to when and where?

Mike

Phast SVX
04-14-2003, 10:13 AM
madison wi? :)
phil

nubs
04-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Anywhere is fine with me.As for the time,how about around 7.

Green1995SVX
04-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Is damons too far south for you, Mike? 7 is fine.

If so, have you got any suggestions?

Mike

benebob
04-14-2003, 11:30 AM
7 works for me. That is so long as I can get home from work. I have a few Brat electrical issues to work out. It ran fine in 3 feet of water. Didn't stall or fail to start once. Now the starter just clicks. I pulled it out so it can dry but its so freaking dirty under there right now its not a whole lot of fun to work on.:D :D :D

CigarJohnny
04-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by benebob
7 works for me. That is so long as I can get home from work. I have a few Brat electrical issues to work out. It ran fine in 3 feet of water. Didn't stall or fail to start once. Now the starter just clicks. I pulled it out so it can dry but its so freaking dirty under there right now its not a whole lot of fun to work on.:D :D :D 3 feet of water?! :eek: I don't remember a snorkel intake on that Brat! :)

nubs
04-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Is damons too far south for you, Mike? 7 is fine.

If so, have you got any suggestions?

Mike

Damon's is fine.
So Damon's at 7 it is.

benebob
04-14-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
3 feet of water?! :eek: I don't remember a snorkel intake on that Brat! :)

So long as you don't stop you're okay. The water kinda gets splashed away from the intake. Its not like the puddles were more than 20-30 feet long. Only one was real deep and managed to snarl a hatchback with a 3" lift and mud tires on 14" rims. The weird thing was only me and a guy in a Legacy L sedan didn't have any incidents while off road. He took that legacy everywhere anyone else went!

Subafreak
04-14-2003, 05:36 PM
I didn't know we could go wheeling at the meet too. Hmmm, I might have to bring the Loyal next time. Not really it tops out around 75mph, that would be a long drive.

SVXphile
04-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Guys, thanks for organizing a GREAT meet ! :) :) :) Don

sjlwel
04-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Thanks to all the organizers for the obvious effort that went into the Reading iv meet. Good tune-up; ran well and well run. We enjoyed the new "scavenger hunt" style cruise and we enjoyed seeing so many returning friends. Meeting more new/young SVXers is also a pleasure. May you enjoy the car as much and as long as I have. ...hope to spend more than just a day next time.

Reading V? It has no "eye." Can we call it Reading iiiii or Reading fiiive or Readiiing V?

Nice backhanded compliment, RDub. I'll bet the organizers of Reading i, ii, and iii weren't sure how to take that casual "camel" remark. But we got the drift. These guys were great. Are there any pro or college teams with a Zebra for their mascot? I'm looking for a Zebra hood ornament?

See ya next time!

Unkle Worn (and Sandy)

marlettpat
04-14-2003, 08:04 PM
hey guys, its pat. i might join ya at damon's tomorrow evening. hope i get to make it. yeah...ummmm....that b it:confused:

Ron Mummert
04-14-2003, 09:00 PM
I'll take some space in this thread to thank the "Fab Four" for their successful efforts in getting us all together this year. I wish we had a week, not just two "fast" days to mingle, as each year expands the circle of friends & there's just not enough time visit with all the great folks that we'd like. It just goes to show that the funny windowed car started it, but it's the special people that really keep it all going.

Ron.

LarryIII
04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Warren & Sandy,

Reading isn't too far for us. Rosie & I regularly tour Amish country on the weekends. Next time we are up in your area, we'll keep an "i" out for you. D :D :D