PDA

View Full Version : Ok, give me a break

svxadmin
02-21-2001, 05:56 AM
I know its not pretty (yet) and lacking icons, graphics, and all the old posts are gone. Oops. Im an admin not a... er OK. Well Its running, do I get points for that? It is now 6am and I have been working on this all night and morning long. Its working, so use and abuse it. I will finish configurations after I get a nap. Until then, deal with the lack of wallpaper, no carpet, and a few holes in the walls :)

Chris
SVX Admin

SVXpowerman
02-21-2001, 05:58 AM
Now you can tin foil all the window, so you can get some sleep.

I like the this upgraded version of the BBS.

Aredubjay
02-21-2001, 08:38 AM
Dang, I think it's very pretty in comparison. Chris, if you were dead, I'd put you up for cannonization (but, let's not do that very soon, okay). I really appreciate all your effort. I also really love the new features, one of which, (and it may seem petty) but the "time offset" is a great feature. No longer having to figure an hour's difference. Thanks again, get some rest. I'm packing and getting ready for the move -- bare floors, holes and all. THANKS!

Phast SVX
02-21-2001, 02:32 PM
well, im very impressed. thats alot of stuff to be set up in such alittle amount of time. Its setup is nice. Now, how long before we tell everyone about it? I suppose we should wait untill chris says go. Im not sure if he's ready for high traffic. Chris do you have any idea when you want to start the move?

Chris
02-21-2001, 02:43 PM
I can continue to patch holes and lay the carpet while in use. If not, I am a vampire and can do it at odd hours. Yes, it it ready for high traffic. I only have one more hardware related issue to deal with and I will address that one tonight.

svxter
02-21-2001, 03:17 PM
Ok, so this is the full version - it looks good. Now to see how many people will start using it. Thanks for all the hard work.

Aredubjay
02-21-2001, 05:31 PM
I'm gonna start "subtly" dropping hints about moving "into the new clubhouse." I think one of the failures in the switch to the i-club was the "run and gun" approach of "Hey, we've got this thing that's much much much better and you HAVE to "come over" and dump this crappy site. I've found a "trickling" of interest, followed by a "kind invitation" will do better than "hype." The "spell checker" alone should be a gigantic draw. :)

Chris
02-21-2001, 05:38 PM
I find the abiliy to edit posts AFTER you have already posted very important to me. :)

immortal_suby
02-21-2001, 05:45 PM
This absolutely Rocks! I don't know how anyone would want to stay with Yoohoo now. You are a great man. Thank you for giving us a good home. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Chad
02-21-2001, 06:35 PM
All I can say is WOW! Heck of a site we have here. Good work Chris!!!
:D

svxadmin
02-22-2001, 05:57 AM
Well, its almost 6am again. Made another pan of brownies and worked on the server all morning. New RAID array is online. Seems to be working fine. Did some more tweaking here. Still have to lay the carpet, but hey. Less to do later. Thanks to all for the moral support and to Jim Waldon who stayed up all night on a work night to make sure the RAID array was functioning properly. Also to Whizzmo who helped change color schemes. I am color blind so I take NO responsibility for colors here :) I also would like to advise some people that have the forum page directly linked, but not the mail entry site, your missing the news front end. Just my $0.02 worth. Still looking for dedicated individuals with skills that can apply here that would want to donate some time and energy to the project. I could use any help. And on that note, its time for bed. Or at least get a nap before the sun shines in my blinds!

Chris
SVX Admin

Aredubjay
02-22-2001, 08:27 AM
<<would like to advise some people that have the forum page directly linked, but not the mail entry site, your missing the news front end. >>

Yep, I realized this oversight last night and made the correction. Thanks.

htyei
02-22-2001, 09:46 PM
Anything forum with a search capability would be better than yahoo, although I'll miss, having the svx forum in my personalized frontpage....

svxxx26
02-23-2001, 06:40 AM
Hey Chris - I know I'm getting repetitive, but you've done a fantastic job. It looks like Yoohoo's days are numbered.
BTW, anything "special" in those brownies?

Aredubjay
02-23-2001, 08:39 AM
I feel so cheap. How many posts 'til you graduate to a higher rating? I promise I won't post "willy nilly" just to achieve higher status. Just wondering? Meanwhile, I got my CD from John Rowe yesterday and, just out of curiosity, did a search to see how many of the posts of the 50K were mine. I was shocked and embarrassed to see that I'd had over 4,000 posts in the 18 months I've been involved with the board.

Aredubjay
02-23-2001, 10:07 AM
Upon clicking my link to the "Home" page, I was brought immediately into the "News" articles. Same thing happens when I click "SVX Home" inside that page. Is this a glitch, or are we being purposly being sent to the news articles?

Phast SVX
02-23-2001, 10:20 AM
I believe that chris wants that to be the main page, much as alot of forums do start with the news section. The real site navigation is off to the left. But i could be wrong?

Chris
02-23-2001, 04:00 PM
The main page was very plain, and I also thought it to be useless. So, I am adding links and navigation to the news page and made it the home. Whats your thoughts?

Chris

Phast SVX
02-23-2001, 11:32 PM
I think that we should give a member a space for ONE picture of their SVX....Not that its a showing off thing, but you can tell alot about a person by lookin at their car(i can atleast) Just a thought.

wasions
02-23-2001, 11:48 PM
Just basically getting my first post in.

I like it, by the way. I really, really like it.

Steve

Chris
02-24-2001, 02:03 AM
I am working of picture profile space. I have several ideas in the works and will post when I get closer to a complete point.

Chris

richeich
02-24-2001, 09:00 AM
I was shocked and embarrassed to see that I'd had over 4,000 posts in the 18 months I've been involved with the board.

4,000 posts?! :eek:

Very impressive, indeed!-
Rich

tjpops
02-24-2001, 10:33 AM
Chris - this new site is the best! Such a dramatic improvement from the Yahoo club site! You and anyone helping you are to be commended for excellent work and dedication. I'm sure anyone who gets on here feels the same way! If there is any way a newbie like myself can help - just say so! If I can't do it maybe I know someone who can.

Take care and thanks again!

tober76b
02-26-2001, 03:06 AM
chris....i too must give you props....excellent site.
toby

Aredubjay
02-28-2001, 07:55 PM
Okay, I give up. How do you get back to the "News" section so's you can hook up with chat (that is, besides typing in the URL again). When you click the "Home" button, it takes you back to the Forums page. Am I missing something that's right in front of my face. Sorry, I'm still learning.

svxxx26
02-28-2001, 08:24 PM
I know this is probably too simple an answer, but can't you just hit the "back" button? :confused:

svxxx26
02-28-2001, 08:29 PM
I would like to see a gallery page, also.

I noticed some people had graphics/pictures, even an animated graphic listed along with their name to the left of the post. HOW'D THEY DO THAT?

Looked in the FAQ, but I must have missed it . . .

svxxx26
02-28-2001, 08:36 PM
OK, Aredub - here's the answer on how to get back to the "News/Home" page:

Scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see " <Contact Us - www.subaru-svx.net> "

Click on www.subaru-svx.net and it will take you back to the news page.

Hitting the "back" button will work, too - but only for a limited time. Then you get "page expired".

Aredubjay
02-28-2001, 11:26 PM
Thanks, Jerry. And, I know I look "toopid" but, yes, the back button was a given. Just a pain in the butt for such a sophisticated set-up. I'd like to have the "home" button take me "home" if the News page is where "home" is supposed to be. I already have links to the main forums, and forums and such. I think this may be something that needs to be corrected. Meanwhile, I love the function that allows you to simply click on it to get all your unread posts.

nubs
03-01-2001, 02:59 AM
Jerry, to put a picture next to your name, go to your profile amd click on edit options. Scroll down to where it says Avitar and follow the instuctions.

Mike

svxxx26
03-01-2001, 06:29 AM
Well, I did eventually figure it out to that point late last night - only to keep getting the message that the pic was too large, it could only be 50x50 pixels.

. . . which was unfortunate, because I had cropped the pic down to the door handles! And it still said it was too large.

What am I missing here?

svxter
03-01-2001, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the info, Mike. Now I just gotta find a neat little picture.

immortal_suby
01-31-2004, 10:21 AM
we've come a long way !

Seraph
01-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Chris
I find the abiliy to edit posts AFTER you have already posted very important to me. :)

Me too

Subafreak
01-31-2004, 12:52 PM
I guess we have. These old posts make me feel like such a newby, even thoe I was around back then I was just a lurker and didn't even have my own computer yet. We have come a long way indeed. Heres to many more years.:cool:

Landshark
01-31-2004, 01:01 PM
duh! i read some of the beginning posts in this thread and thought the website was changing. i hit refresh to see if i was missing something. :rolleyes:

mark10t
01-31-2004, 01:59 PM
<<I think that we should give a member a space for ONE picture of their SVX....Not that its a showing off thing, but you can tell alot about a person by lookin at their car(i can atleast) Just a thought.>>

You'd think by now we'd all know what an SVX looks like. Or,would it be the differences in model year?

(just being a smart a$$......)

-Mark

Aredubjay
01-31-2004, 02:15 PM
WOW! What a memory rush! For a moment there, I was transported back in time. Yes. We've come a long, long way.

Looking forward to our third anniversary on March 15th! :D

Phast SVX
05-11-2004, 08:31 AM
This reminds me of years long ago, a pearly memory, huhm...miss my pearly!!!
phil

drxman
03-02-2005, 10:48 PM
bump

Weasel 22
03-02-2005, 11:18 PM
2001 was a great year eh..I was driving my 98 VW GTi VR6..but im glad I have an SVX now :D

It's Just Eric
09-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey, I was searching for something else, and this thrad came up...Gotta say, moving over to the new server and all, it's a well deserved bump. Chris, you're still da man, and Randy...Lol "How many posts ...."

ensteele
09-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Randy has 11,616 posts if that is what you were asking. :)

TomsSVX
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM
WOW! What a memory rush! For a moment there, I was transported back in time. Yes. We've come a long, long way.

Looking forward to our third anniversary on March 15th! :D

I miss Randy:(:(:(

And on the topic.... crazy Waldon:p

Tom

It's Just Eric
09-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Randy has 11,616 posts if that is what you were asking.

No, no, that's whats so funny...Becasue he was asking about ho many posts it took untill he wasnt a junior member...And now he has SOOO many, even though he really hasnt posted in years

WestCoastSVX
09-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Whoah! Where did this come from? :eek:

I thought I was having flashbacks until I checked the date on the first posts and realized someone had dusted this one off. :D

Good memories! I remember "lurking" here and reading these first few starter threads. I didn't officially sign up for a couple of months, then I did, and never looked back. :)

BTW - how do we figured out what "member number" we are? Some people have it in their signatures so there must be way, right?

Hocrest
09-21-2007, 01:48 PM
BTW - how do we figured out what "member number" we are? Some people have it in their signatures so there must be way, right?

Take a look at your profile, the number at the end is your member number.

You're #184.